• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you pay any mind to food expiry dates?

I was poisoned pretty badly when I was younger because of bad food, this has made me really picky about expiry dates of food, if it's out of date I won't eat it.

On the flip side I know someone who eats out of date food a month after the date.

Do you follow the expiry dates of food or do you just not eat it if it looks or smells funny?

It depends on the product. Some foods store pretty well, such as cheese, that expiration dates aren't as much of a concern. Some foods are marked with a sell by date rather than an eat by date (the latter being an expiration date), so I'll be more willing to eat something past the sell by date than the expiration date.

I won't eat anything that doesn't smell the way it should, but slight moulding doesnt really deter me unless it has penetrated the food. I apparently shouldn't eat mouldy bread but I have a couple times because I like bread.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
It depends on the product. Some foods store pretty well, such as cheese, that expiration dates aren't as much of a concern. Some foods are marked with a sell by product rather than an eat by product (the latter being an expiration date), so I'll be more willing to eat something past the sell by date than the expiration date.

I won't eat anything that doesn't smell the way it should, but slight moulding doesnt really deter me unless it has penetrated the food. I apparently shouldn't eat mouldy bread but I have a couple times because I like bread.

Aaaand now we know why satan hallucinates sometimes.

If it don't smell right chuck it people. I tossed a block of cheese yesterday cuz it smelt funny

Hey, another food thread (:

I usually take attention to the use before date, which - mind you - is something different than the best before date like @Satan explained. Got really sick once from chicken that was off so I would rather throw it away than throw it up.

But for best before dates, it is probably fine if you use common sense. I drank Ice Tea that was due two weeks ago and I am still alive :sword:

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Depends on what it is. Some foods last well after like some canned foods. Usually you can tell when it's bad

NintendoCN

Team Captain
It depends on what kind of food, if it's something like meat, I eat it before it goes bad, if it's something like an unopened can of green beans or pineapple I don't.

I always check how it looks and then the best before date. I don’t like taking any chances when it comes to food poisoning.

Ninja

Well well well
It depends on the kind of food but my stomach is very sensitive. I ate potatoes and they expired the date by 3 days and boy I got a terrible stomach ache during the NIGHT

Sounds like your stomach went through the fire and the flames. :P

As for myself, expired dairy is a huge no. However if the product is expired but frozen, and passed a smell test, I don’t mind eating it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom