• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you own more than one controller?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Since local multiplayer has (unfortunately) mostly taken a backseat to its online sibling, there's been less incentive for people to own more than one controller. Most multiplayer games emphasize the online aspect of their games while neglecting the couch coop that used to be the norm.

If you own games consoles, do you maintain multiple controllers for them? If so, how often do you use them for local coop?

Fig

The Altruist
I still own multiple controllers on the event either my brother comes home for a visit, having another controller for back-up, having different controllers for different button layouts or inputs, or worse case scenario, buying another controller because a previous one carped out. Call me a 90's boomer, but I still enjoy buying/collecting controllers for the sake of potential co-op or vs should it happen.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I try too cuz I want to play multiplayer with friends, the PS4 is the only one I don't have multiple controllers for at the moment.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
generally speaking, I never get another controller, hell I barley got a second wii mote and nunchuck 2-ish years ago, and I've been a wii owner since 2008

nowadays I do have a few gamecube and ps1/2 controllers, but in general I just always stuck w/ the controller that came w/ my systems

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I don't usually buy more controllers than I need anymore (as a kid I'd have an extra Wiimote or something like that), with the exception of new joy-cons because haha drift (although that was a necessity more than an extra purchase).

I do have a pro controller for my Switch, but that's it as far as extras go nowadays.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who hates everything going digital. That being said, I have 2 sets of joycons and a pro controller, so we can have 5 people play Smash and up to 3 do anything else.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I have more than 1 controller cuz my bro said to have more than 1 and he brought them to gather dust...

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have 2 NES controllers, 4 SNES controllers, 4 N64 controllers, 4 GCN controllers, 5 Wii controllers + 1 Wii U gamepad, 1 set of Switch joycons (with the Zelda limited edition set on pre-order to add to this), 2 PS2 controllers, and 2 PS4 controllers. I generally prefer to have more controllers where possible for when friends come over or when I am hanging out with my younger siblings so we can easily play.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I used to have multiple controllers and always wanted to get the max amount possible to connect to a console if possible. With the Switch I only have 2, the Joy Con pair it came with, and a Pro Controller. I will be getting the SS Joy Con pair though.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
It is a shame local MP has kind of dived a lot, I almost never buy multiple controllers now except for Nintendo consoles. Feels like only Nintendo keeping it alive, so I have 4 controllers for the Switch. The Joycons, two pro controllers, and a cheap knockoff pro controller for my nephew because he's a controller dropper. can't be dropping the expensive ones!

I have multiple wiimotes. When we first got our wii, we got four, with expectations that the fam would all play together, but it didn't really happen for many sessions after the hype died down. But it was nice having so many spares. My only one withi the motion+ technology was the gold wiimote that game with SS many years later, bringing the total up to 5.

I only have a gamepad for my Wii U, but since wiimotes worked with it, multiplayer games still were fine for me and my sister to play together.

I have two pairs of joycons and two pro controllers for my Switch, and am reluctant to get more. They suffice for both my needs of multiplayer and accommodating stick drift issues and need to rotate them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom