• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Organize Your Game Cases?

How do you organize your game cases?

• Genre Duh!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Order opened

• Franchise!

• Not at all! That's freaky!

• Total voters

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Alright I know this sounds wierd but I've been wondering how many of you organize the cases of your games. If you do how do you organize them? Do you organize them by genre, order you opened and played them, or franchise? I personally tend to organize them in the order I recieved and opened them.

K

Kele

Uh, i put them in shelf, and dont really put them to any order,
only that that they wont drop to the floor.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I do organize my game cases:
Shooters
Adventures
Customizantion (for the games that you can customize something)
But usaully they get messed up after about a week so ever since then they have been a big mess:lol:. I put them in a compartment in my drawer.

When I was younger, I would organize them according to franchise, what kind of genre they were, ect. These days I don't much care anymore. :P

C

Camisado

I organise my games according to what console it is, and then alphabetically. =) For example all my GameCube games are together on a shelf, sorted from Animal Crossing to...Super Smash Bros. Melee I believe. It just makes it so much easier to find things!

My N64 games are all second-hand and most didn't have boxes and manuals so they're stored alphabetically in a box with the names written on the top in permanent marker.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Like Camisado, I also organise my games according to console and then alphabetically. It can be a bit difficult to decide where to put a game. Sometimes words like 'the' can be very tiny on the back of the dvd case (which can decide where the game has to be placed). It is a very easy system to quickly find a game you want to play.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I usually organize my game by Console first, then by the date I bought/was given them.
Then, after a while, I will alphabetize them, just to make it more orderly.

Only by console on a nice shelf so I can find where they are.

If I can remember to put them there.

Which I usually don't. :)

Zarom

The King
I organize them by franchises. They are all pilled up one on the other, and I think it's easier to find a specific game that way. ;) For example, all my Zelda games are all together. :)

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Me, i arrange by Genre, It looks WAY better rather than arranging them in buying order(that is to say, you buy a game, it goes first, then second game then etc.) I have a LOT of games here so it can get Pretty crowdy IF i arrange them like that so, i arrange them by Genre

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I organize them by console and then by Franchise.

The N64 and SNES games that don't have a case have a small sticker on the side with the name written

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I guess I technically have them organized by system. With my N64 games being on one side of the TV, my Wii/Cube games on the other, and my DS games up in my room.
Then with my N64 games, I usually try to organize them by when I got the games. Other than that, I just make sure the current game I'm playing is on top, and the rest I could care less about.

Nah, they're all in one drawer together. Only the DS games are in a little treasure chest since they're little and I don't want another Charlie Foxtrot where I lose a game like Platinum version and excavated my room looking for the damn thing.

Last edited:

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I also organize them by console and then alphabetically. "The" never counts in the alphabetization, and there are special cases as well.

Such as titles like "Link's Crossbow Training" I will put with as if it were "Legend of Zelda: Link's Crossbow Training". Also, I will also put sequels in the order that they came out despite their alphabetic arrangement. For instance, the James Bond GameCube games are in order of their release, even though they are not numbered. So I suppose you can count that as organizing by franchise.

Describing it this way makes it all sound so very lame, but really it takes all of about 5 seconds to make room where a new title should go. It's just easier in the long run to find the titles I want to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom