• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you often feel accepted?

I really don't feel like I fit in when I'm out and about and being either around of with people. Even though the people I'm with may like me, i never feel comfortable.

I feel accepted here on ZD, which is a large part of why I'm still here, but everything else feels like it suffers.

However, some people have no problems at all fitting in to enjoy numerous situations.

Do you often feel accepted in your every day life?

I'm not sure. I don't really interact with many people. My mental health has been especially poor this year, so I've been trying to avoid places where bad interactions, particularly online, may occur. Online, I mostly keep in touch with people I feel safe around anymore. ZD is a mixed bag for me, sometimes I feel welcome, other times I feel hated.

I find acceptance in my plants, except when I don't and think they're mad at me.

I'm not sure. I don't really interact with many people. My mental health has been especially poor this year, so I've been trying to avoid places where bad interactions, particularly online, may occur. Online, I mostly keep in touch with people I feel safe around anymore. ZD is a mixed bag for me, sometimes I feel welcome, other times I feel hated.

I find acceptance in my plants, except when I don't and think they're mad at me.

What does an angry plant look like?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I'm not really sure. I know a few close friends do. ZD I feel decently accepted. Irl I'm not sure ever since April I've been kinda iffy on my position in relationships.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
At this place yes. I absolutely do feel accepted and of course on ZD as well. Most of the time I don't mind or even care if people accept me or not. I am who I am and I don't change my personality only because of people not liking/accepting me. If people don't like me or don't accept me, so be it. Not really my problem. I used to care when I was younger but these days are behind me

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The biggest social interaction I have IRL is work, which means the public school system. I do feel accepted, both by my peers and by my students. I've been in a lot of classrooms where the kids loved me, some even asking me to come back. I've received a lot of compliments from other teachers at how well I do with kids. I definitely feel accepted in my line of work, which is great because this is a field I want to spend my life in.

Next up would be family. Generally, I do feel accepted, but I also often feel like there's a wall between me and the rest of them. It's not a wall that I really care to break down. There's that obligational familial love, but beyond that I have almost nothing in common with any of them. My mom is extremely bigoted, my brother is extremely detached, and my dad... I feel like he's disappointed that I grew up to have nothing in common with him. I don't really feel much of a desire to change this, so how accepted I feel with them doesn't matter to me all that much.

Most of my friendships are online, and I'm okay with that. I feel greatly accepted with my friends, moreso than with my family. That includes ZD, as well. To wrap up this post that got longer than I meant it to, I feel accepted in the places that matter to me.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I generally feel very accepted and welcomed. I don't go into work and have any annoying co-workers who dislike me and that have to refrain from poisoning the drinks of. I have my own business and don't have any coworkers. So I just go to visit clients who actually want to see me. My regulars all make me tea and I get on well with all of them and I like visiting them.

My friends who I go out with I have known for many years and I am comfortable with them. We all know each other very well and there isn't anyone who doesn't fit in.

In the gym I know a lot of the regulars now even though it's a commercial gym and people aren't generally very social in commercial gyms.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
No and yes

No because I have no self esteem and I always end up convincing myself that everyone hates me and I’m just a burden on everyone’s lives.

Yes because I know everything I convince myself is not true because why would my friends take the 30 minute drive out here to come see me and offer to Uber me back if I wasn’t accepted and why would people at work talk to me all the time outside of work if they didn’t like me?

I guess the problem is that I don’t accept myself. It’s something I need to work on.

Ninja

Well well well
Generally speaking, yes.

My coworkers and I have a really good time at work, and we all feel like we belong. Same thing goes with family gatherings and in my circle of friends. I’ve never really felt out of place, and I chalk it up mostly being able to mold my personality a bit around the group of people that I am with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom