• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Nickname Your Pokemon?

alkane

pokemon master of hyrule
i usualy nickname my pokemon something zelda related.
for example my vaporeon is named morpha after the oot water temple boss, i also have a serperior named rope, after the snakes in oos, and a bisharp i named stalfos.

I love nicknaming my pokemon! I usually name my pokemon names from anime or vocaloids like Miku, my shiny Kirlia or Gumi my Gardevoir. Other times I name then after other video game characters or enemies, like Snake my Lucario, Link my Gallade & Tail my Vulpix, JabuJabu my Swampert, Zora my Milotic, Groose my Throh, Amy my Jigglypuff, Daisy my Gloom, Bowser my Emboar...if I keep going, I'm gonna end up making a full page of nicknames

Last edited:

Patch

Party Pooper
I'm always nicknaming my pokemon. I think it adds a sort've connection (even though it's just a game) with the main character and doesn't sound so robotic. Idk.

Darklinkrules45

Bow Down to the Dark Lord
i sometimes(by sometimes i mean rarely) nickname my Pokemon. Like Conor said, i might (by might i mean rarely too.) name them swear words if they're really hard to catch

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I had my sp when i was on deployment and i played Pokemon whenever I had some spare time (hardly ever lol) and I always gave them profane names because I was just so mad that i was stuck on the boat! :P

I name only the ones that forsure im guna use, like my fire starter i always name Apollo and my flying one Jupiter

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I don't really give nicknames to my pokemon unless they're like my main ones or I feel they should have a specific name for some reason

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I generally nickname my pokemon, yes. When I first played the Pokemon series I didn't really bother with it, but when I continued to play it, it sorta became a habit with me and now I nickname all of the pokemon I catch except for the rare few that I'm just catching to trade.

I tend to nickname any I plan on training to level 50 or up, and its often based off of their original name or something I saw recently. So my Gallade is named Ian and my Breloom Anthony, because I watched a lot of Smosh that day. all my starters names: Blazy(Blazekin), Plippy(Empoleon), Todd(Feraligatr), Wotts(Samurott), and Midget(Blastoise. He was going to be Squirt, but then I thought, squirt=short=midget!)

W

Wulf young Link

As a kid around 9-12 I always thought nicknaming was childish, most of the people who I knew that nicknamed Pokemon nicknamed their Pokemon childish names like: Crap, turd, Butts, stupid,etc. I do nickname them now but I do not nickname them childish things (unless it is a pun).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom