• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Nickname Your Pokemon?

IHateAnts

Chaos Kourney
My nicknaming strategy all depends on how i start a new file. if i name my starter Pokemon, then the rest of my Pokemon are named to match it some how. and same goes for if i don't name it, then i wont name the others either.

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
Yes :) For my main team, anyway :D I like giving nicknames, idk why xD But they always reference Pokemon Special, if possible xD [I.E Pika or ChuChu for Pikachu, Vui for Espeon, Zuzu for Mudkip, ect]

almost never, i named a pikachu sparky once but thats pretty much it. Oh when I was on a field trip my friend was playing my leafgreen and caught a sandshrew and in a attempt to name it flame, ended up flam.

I nickname nearly all my pokemon.
When I name them, I tend to name my pokemon after characters from cartoons or anime I watch. I usually name legendaries after deities in mythology but I have a small exception in some cases. In some rare cases I also give generic names based solely on their typing or appearance.
When I name my pokemon after characters, I usually make sure that the character either has a close appearance (i.e. looks a lot like the pokemon, wears similar coloured clothing, hair, etc) or has a similar personality to them

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I only nickname the Pokemon that I actually use on my team. Most of the time I just use hockey player names, rarely I'll reference something else or make an actually clever nickname.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom