• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you name your stuff?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Stuff! Inanimate objects you own. For example I am currently writing this using Don, my PC. He was so named because he's an absolute Don! And the sofa in the living room is Steph.

Anyone else give names to their stuff? :) Or am I spending the night alone in crazy corner?

I might've named a couple of things in the past. Can't say I remember what most of said things were, though. My memory's funny like that. However, there is this one thing that I remember as clear as day. It was something called a Koosh ball that I called "Wendell." Koosh toys were extremely popular back in those days, and a lot of my friends collected them. Wendell was very dear to me, and I kept it until it began to fall apart into little shreds. Might've even given it a funeral, too—considering how weird I was back then.

I also have this little teddy bear (posted a picture of it somewhere a while ago) that was given to my brother by his dialysis center when he was still alive. This is as embarrassing as it is silly, but we actually argued over what to name it. Two 23 year old (at the time) men arguing over a stuffed teddy bear. lol Still have yet to decide on a name. I think I'll call him "Paddington."

I tend to grow more attached to weird little things like pencils and backpacks than other people. lol

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Stuff! Inanimate objects you own. For example I am currently writing this using Don, my PC. He was so named because he's an absolute Don! And the sofa in the living room is Steph.

Anyone else give names to their stuff? :) Or am I spending the night alone in crazy corner?
Ah I am typing on Brian the tablet PC. I'll come join you in the crazy corner.

I have named all the shower heads in my house (Not a Joke).

Their names are,

Slippy,
Pinky,
and
Perfecty

Slippy: The water cuts off sometimes. This is not a problem with my pump but a problem with the shower head. The shower head has different spraying modes and it sometimes slips to between 2 modes and shuts off the water.

Pinky: Pinky is a really weird shower head. It has a water filter inside so occasionally it leaks a pinkish looking muck which is the residue from the filter filtering all the minerals out of our well water. This feature in my thinking is completely pointless.

Perfecty: Perfect! no problems! Its amazing!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Not really, I mean I've named a couple of things, but I don't have a habit of doing so, although I think it's awesome when people do name their things.

Apart from the regular type of things I named as a kid, like dolls, stuffed animals and horse-figures (and I had their relationships with one another all figured out as well, but I can't remember all the names now), I've only named a couple of things as an adult.

I have an animatronic monkey who I bring with me to every convention I go to, who I named Simon. He's been with me for almost nine years and I consider him my "baby" (my parents even joke that he's their fifth grandchild - although I keep pointing out that technically he's the third, since I got him when my second niece was baby). I also have a dragon figurine with a large coffee cup that I named Lorelai (after the coffee-addicted character in Gilmore Girls), it just made complete sense that this dragon had that name. And mom and I once named one of our Christmas trees. It was the tiniest tree we had ever had in the house, so of course the name became "Pinglus the great" (it's a play on a Norwegian slang word that refers to something being smaller than normal).

I can't think of anything else I've named, although I have plenty of things worthy of names.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I used to give my hands names Tanties (right hand) and Toeties (left hand) and my siblings still tease me with it. I name my pc but not when I type. On occassion I'm giving objects names. I named plants Karel or Joop.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
... Huh. I never thought of naming anything.

The only things I've named in the past are things like stuffed animals.

Now that I think about it, it's actually sort of bizarre to think that someone like me hasn't do something like this XD

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I name things that are important to me, but the names don't always stick. If the object is especially important (my car) then I'll remember the name no problem. If the item is only sort of important to me (my PC) I probably will name it but forget what the name was. Most of my things I don't name at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom