• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Do You Name Link?

Do you name Link?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Don't think I have seen a thread like this, I am sorry if there is one similar....

So what I am asking ia that ahen you start a new file on a Zelda game it gives an option to keep Links name as "Link" or to change it as you please. So do you keep Links name or do you in fact name him something else? If so what do you name Link?

Me personally I always name him Link, yes I know its boring but I think i just do if for legitimacy purposes, so it doesn't sound a context in the story or in dialogue. However on a second playthrough I tend to use a different name, maybe next time I'll call him Reggie. :yes:

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Always named Link, Link. No other name has been used for him. I used to call him Zelda because I though that was his name:sweat:

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
I always name him, and it's always the same name (a variation on my real name that I use for all the games I play). The first Zelda I ever played was OoT and I didn't actually know his name was Link since I never read manuals or boxes for fear of spoilers, and now I've been using my file name for so long that, even though I think of him as Link, I can't imagine actually using Link for my file name.

I don't really name him anything other than Link. I prefer seeing him as his own character, not myself or someone else :/

Traditionally, no, especially in the games with dialogue, unless it's like my fifth playthrough or something. I'll put my name in on ones like Zelda 1 and 2, because I usually share the cartridge with my friends.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
The first time I'm playing, I won't. The first file is, usually, Link. The next file, I'll give it my personal 'default' name (not my own).

N

NascNaHéireann

Usually use my own name as myself and my son both play and easier to know who's file it is rather than file 2 is mine or his. I like to play through 100% whereas he likes to mess around and do glitches or speedrun. He usually lets me do all the hard work and copies my file though:->

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I always name him. Can't remember what I called him a long time ago, but I saw my sister name her file Roy. I was then heavily influenced to steal her idea.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
The only time I ever named Link, I named him 0987 for some reason. I was six, so i can't remember why. Sumthin about robots...I think. It was mostly because I had no idea his name was supposed to be Link. Not until after I read the game guide for OoT. Whoops. :sweat: Now its just tradition to name the first file that whenever I start a new Zelda game, but after the first playthrough, I just name him Link.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Sometimes I'll call him things like "bro" so everyone sounds like they don't know his name.
Sometimes I'll call him things like "sexy" so everyone sounds like they're flirting with him.
Occasionally I'll call him something like "Spaghetti" because I'm bored.
Every once in a while I'll name him after myself.
Sometime soon, I'm going to create a file in Skyward Sword called "Commander" just so Fi can call me "Master Commander". XD (Reference? Anyone? No? Didn't think so.)

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I only keep his name as "Link" when it's my first time playing the game. After the first time playing the game, I name him things like "Lonk", and "Bob". Sometimes I give him a shortened version of my name, since it's rare for a game to have nine letters for a name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom