• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Mind Re-Runs?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't mean like, re-runs in place of new episodes of something. I just mean re-runs in general. Like, I am perfectly fine watching the same episodes and movies and stuff on TV all the time. I don't really get tired of it.

As an example, Freeform's 31 Nights of Halloween has had lots of repeating movies all month long. My mom is getting sick of seeing Hocus Pocus and Ghostbusters on the TV every other day, to the point of frustration whenever she comes in the room when I have them on. I'm not sick of it at all. I am perfectly happy to watch the same stuff over and over every day. It doesn't bother me. I guess it's partly because I use TV as background noise when I'm doing other stuff, but I am still partly engaged with what's on and I enjoy it, even if it's the 20th time I've seen it this month.

What about you guys? Do you get fed up with re-runs, or do you not mind?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think re-runs are fine, for Halloween and Christmas movies especially because there is only one month I care to watch them. For TV shows sometimes it can take 2 or 3 months for a cycle of re-runs to restart with the first episode of the series, so I also don't mind that either, I'd usually miss episodes and count on re-runs so I could see them.

I don't have cable TV anymore though, so I don't see re-runs, but when I did I thought they were fine.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I love re-runs. I'll watch stuff over and over. It's kinda comforting to me.

There was a point when I was watching Donnie Darko every night as background noise. And when Supernatural first started we would record the episodes on vhs. And after the first season was over I started with rewatching the first episode one night, then the next it was the first and second, then first second and third. I didn't keep up that pattern the whole time because the season was 22 episodes. But after a while I had the whole first episode memorized.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
As long as it isn’t the same re-runs over and over again, I have no issue with them. Always nice to catch up on shows, and people probably enjoy it if there are reruns.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I don't really watch TV anymore, so I don't have to sit through re-runs unless I choose to watch something for the second (or ?th) time. There are some things I enjoy watching again and if something happens to be on in the background that I've seen before it doesn't particularly bother me.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Yea, it's nice seeing something familiar once in a while. A couple of years ago, TV6 here in Sweden used to do re-runs of Scrubs, with 2 episodes every weekday, over and over and over again, for years! It was the dream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom