• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Do you make up stories?

On Adventure tiles, do you make up stories about the battles?

• Almost always- it's part of the fun!

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Sometimes, if there's an interesting cast and neat twists.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Eh. Not really.

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Legends mode has a clear story, but the Adventure mode tiles are just missions and battles with random casts of characters and random plot twists. That being said, do you find yourself making stories out of battles? Do you wonder about why Impa is working for Ghirahim or narrate Midna's thoughts as she wrecks Zant's army? Is that part of the fun, do you only do it sometimes, or is it not really something you find yourself doing?

Personally, I almost always find myself making up stories about why characters teamed up or giving my characters voice when their army betrays them or desperately consoling each other as their keeps fall one by one around them. I especially do this when there's an interesting pairing like Fi or Ghirahim. However, I can see why someone wouldn't bother. Sometimes it's just so random, and making stories can distract from the gameplay.

So, what do you do when you play?

Mido

Version 1
I usually tend to craft stories beyond what is given and/or make it where is adds onto the overall narrative via side stories of sorts. Come to think of it, I find myself creating miniature side-stories for the characters as I play for most of the Warriors games altogether. I think in some respects, a bit of imaginative storytelling adds to the replay value of Hyrule Warriors and the other games under the Warriors brand. For instance, the Empires expansion for Dynasty and Samurai Warriors puts players into a scenario in which they can craft their own stories through the conquest of the land.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I actually came up with my own narrative for the Adventure maps. Post-story, the crew decides to explore the world beyond Hyrule, and find that each land is ruled by an evil overlord (the final boss of each map), who has cursed the land and their only way forward is to clear each magical trial that uses magic doubles as the enemy characters (which would be each square on the map and the challenge that goes with it). That was my way of justifying the characters that appear to play as or fight.

I also gave it a timeline. The first adventure map is just outside of Hyrule. Then they crossed the ocean (Great Sea map) and came upon a new land (Master Quest Map), and from theyre they found two new lands (Twilight and Termina maps). Beyond even them was more ocean (the Master Wind Waker map), and beyond those seas is Koholint Island (the Koholint map of course) and even new lands (Grand Travels). Beyond them would be more new lands (A Link Between Worlds map). That would be the great adventure of discovering and mapping out the world beyond Hyrule while saving it from wicked overlords. The new characters that appear (DLC characters like Marin) join their party to help save the lands they call home.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
It's surprising to see that quite a few of you make up stories, because I never even really thought about it. Maybe I should get back into playing the game some more and try and think of stories for the missions I haven't completed yet. Whenever a good character was helping a bad character, I just always kinda thought of it as the good character kinda being under the control of the bad character. And vice-versa, I would think the bad character was just helping the good characters for their own gain/against a bigger evil. Maybe that's kinda making up stories? I wouldn't get too elaborate or anything, just a sort of simple reasoning for what's happening.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hahahaha I always make up fotr Volga for being on the wrong side because he's not really evil. He just got sucked into this adventure against his will. I don't really make up stories but I do make up different endings.

I haven't made up stories but some you guys have posted are interesting. You guys should actually write out some details to specific scenarios.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
The idea never crossed my mind. I have poked fun at the characters for serving those they never would during the main story, but that's as close as I've come to this adventure map story idea. Perhaps I'll give it a try sometime.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
One time I came up with a post OoT and MM adventure. So yeah, even I have had my share of ideas from the adventure maps. They're practically so Machinima friendly in that sense. :)

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
no i believe the game does that for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom