• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Look to See Who Posted Before You "like"?

Do you look to see who posted something before hitting the "like" link? Be it here, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, etc., is it most important to show support for content you actually like, show support for your friends, or not show support for someone you don't like?

I "like" what I like, regardless of who's providing me with the content. You?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That's unfair discrimination in my opinion. If a post is witty or whatever, then hit Like. Who cares if it is someone you tend to disagree with?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Samesies, bro. Samesies.

I don't care who you are (who you are)
Where you're from (where you're from)
What you did
As long as you love me I like it

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'll look but it doesn't influence my opinion on that specific comment even if sometimes me and that person don't see eye to eye I'll still like regardless. I don't have any reason to downgrade a likable comment/picture/video due to who posted it.

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I'm pretty sure that's discrimination.

I like post that I like. I don't care who posted it. If you post something I like, I will like it. I don't care if I like you personally or not.

Big Octo

=^)
I always like mah friends
...If I like the post, then I like the post. Doesn't matter the user. There's no two-ways about it.

Dan

Hahaha, after a couple people grew not too fond of me I noticed the likes from them had went nill, so yes people do it. xD I don't care however, I like what I like.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Something intelligent is intelligent regardless of who said it, something funny is funny regardless of who said it, etc. etc. so no, I don't really pay attention to who actually said it. Just, if the content's good and 'like-able', then hit like! Simple as that really. :) Boring answer but, yeah.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I don't care who said it. If they post something I find to be like-worthy, or I blatantly agree with it then I'm going to "like" it. They deserves it, no matter who they are. Discriminating against someone -- anyone is wrong on so many levels.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Does your bias towards another person affect how you view what they say and do? Yes. Don't panic, it's part of being a human being. That said, I do not have 'friends' on social media that I do not like.

Interestingly, I fear a similar bias when correcting tests. I design the test forms so the name is folded over when the students had them in as to minimize any possible effect knowing who the answers belong to affecting my judgement... unless the student has unique and incomprehensible handwriting. That's an automatic F :trollface:.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
If I think a post is worth liking, I will like it. Who posted it is irrelevant to me. Plenty of my friends post stuff I have little to no interest in and frankly I don't see the point in "liking" something because it was [insert specific friend] who posted it. If I find it funny, like the reference that is made or find the thing posted to be interesting/important I will like/share/comment, if I don't I will scroll past it. simple as that.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh I look at the post and not at who posted it. Sometimes I tend to like posts of the same user :P If a post is good in my opinion it deserves to be liked and even when someone who dislikes me or I dislike post it I still like it nonetheless

MW7

I'm pretty sure I discriminate subconsciously. I did some research and found that 42% of my likes on this site have gone to JuicieJ, Ventus, and A Link in Time. However their combined lifetime posting of 20,547 is only 3% of all Zeldadungeon posts ever (673,491). I think that's statistically significant.

My favorite part of this post is the fact that those three are such awesomely active members that my numbers had to have been made wrong even in the few minutes it took to type this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom