• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Listen to Your Own Music While Gaming?

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
No. I feel that my music often ruins the "feel" of the game. Whether it be 8bit Tetris or Gears of War, I would never play my own music.

...besides that, I don't think that musical theatre soundtracks and Japanese music which make up the majority of my collection would go well with any game and given that I like the survival horror/horror genre the most...yep

Probably the only time I put on something is during a sport title. I usually turn on the radio when I do.

depends on the game. If its a racing game or some games were listening for things don't really matter. Then yep I listen to my ipod.
something like Zelda, or Sims (not sure why for Sims lol) I don't like listening to my own stuff. Especially on games need to listen for certain things.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
YES.
I do it all the time.

With Twilight Princess, I find that Pundulum fits REALLY well. ^^
And I associate songs with it as is....

When I play Phantasy Star Universe, I blast Infected Mushroom, Alien Vs. The Cat, and a bunch of other Psytrance because it fits so well to me.

With Phantasy Star Online, I have this obsession with playing Madonna and E-nomine (German Techno-ish).....
The Ruins is where Madonna fits best (to me), And the forest is for E-nomine.

When I raise Chao on Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, I tend to listen to random music, but Scooter, Pendulum, and Owl City seem to fit the best. (In my opinion)

When I play Kirby games, I always play Nightwish.
Except for Air Ride. Air Ride is a tad different, and not a main title, and for THAT game I play Virus, Kraski, and Demo. (Russian Pop)

That's about it for specific artists/genres and specific games....
For everything else I usually play random stuff.

Though, there was a time where my friend and I played Mario Kart Wii while listening to Darude and Paul Van Dyk.
And there was that time we played Brawl while listening to Drum and Bass.

but yeah, other than that there's not much else.

No. I feel that my music often ruins the "feel" of the game.

hmmm... I must disagree with you. Sometimes the music ADDS "feel" to the game, or blends with the feel of the game quite nicely.
Though, you have to have the right combo, and it has to be right for you.
Sometimes it may prove difficult to find the perfect "feel" of music with game, depending on your tastes.

I think a perfect blend of music and game, comes from the mixture of Twilight Princess and Pendulum.
But that's my own personal tastes you see.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Have you ever loaded up Smash Bros and put on some heavy metal etc?

No need. The game does it for me. ;)

[video=youtube;PLJuT8zPmvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLJuT8zPmvA[/video]

:bleh:

I hardly ever play different music while gaming. When I do, it's because I was already listening to it and don't bother turning it off. The only two cases that come to mind where I've put effort into replacing songs is during Sonic Unleashed and Metroid Fusion. Unleashed blasts the same dull battle music constantly during the Warehog segments, so I played some fitting tracks over the top with my 360 multi-tasking functions. I found that the soundtrack of Fusion was rather lackluster for Metroid standards, so naturally, I played some fitting and vastly superior tracks from Super Metroid. That was well worth the troubles.

octorok74

TETTAC
Usually during the summer I'll play all my games while listening to The Beatles. And then I usually start singing the songs too while playing online matches where everyone can hear me. Quite fun and some players really think I am good at singing.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I find it fun to throw on some really pumping electronic music or some Metalcore when I play something like Call of Duty or a fighting game. But when I'm playing something else (ie. zelda, metroid, fire emblem, etc.) the music is part of the experience so I don't want to put anything else on. To me the music sets the tone.

I have never listened to another song/music when playing a Video Game. Seems disrespectful to listen to another song while the company put Music in the game to please our minds.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Yes, but only while playing Call of Duty without people who have mics. If you have a mic and talk I'm not going to just ignore you for my music, I can do that anytime. Now, when you don't have a mic I put on heavy metal music(basically Metallica Iron Maiden and Tool; though mostly Tool) while playing some multiplayer or Zombies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom