• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Listen To Music While Performing Other Activities?

Music either impedes or improves concentration while engaging in other activities. We all know people who listen to music while exercising or completing homework whereas others consider it a distraction and regard listening as music as something to be done not in conjunction with anything else. I myself rarely listen to music while completing tasks requiring great mental effort but don't mind songs playing in the background when performing routine daily actions.

Does music help you get through the day or do you regard it as an annoyance when trying to focus on something else? When do you listen to music paired with another activity?

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Well, I basically listen to music all day long, except for when I'm sleeping; I can't sleep with music, but I need a fan to sleep. So, yes, I listen to music while working, walking, playing games....but not while eating. I find that to be somewhat rude.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Well at the moment I'm working on a peace of art for a school sketch book ascertainment wile at the same time listening to a play list of Zelda music.

An interesting thing about listening to music wile working is that many people who think that they work better listening to music don't actually work better listening to music, and many people who think they don't work well listening to music actually do work better when listening to music.

Rachel

be vigitant
I can't do homework or difficult projects when there are loud sounds or there is music playing. It distracts me and makes it hard to remain focused on the task at hand.

I realize that some people like to listen to music while they work, but there's no reason to blast it while there are others around you.

No. I never understood how my classmates can listen to their iPods while doing tests, classwork, homework; -- like ALIT said -- anything that requires mental effort. It's distracting, it screws me up, it lowers my productivity rates, etc.

To put it in to perspective, this one time I tried listening to music while writing a paper. I was doing fine, but then I subconsciously started typing the lyrics to the song; I didn't realize I was doing it until the song ended.

In short - I need utter and complete silence while doing work.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Of course! I listen to music while doing something else every time. I would mostly listen to songs while doing my homework since it blocks the other distractions. Also, if you even listen to songs while doing your maths homework, it becomes fun. I'll always count following the beats of the song. If I'm reading a book while listening to a song, I would ALWAYS play a song that is suitable for the situation in the book. For example, if you're reading the part when they're fighting, I'll always play a song that's related to it. It's like you could make your own soundtrack based on the book. And when drawing, it's actually very important to me to listen to a song while I'm at it.

Listening to songs makes my day progress faster and easier. I would actually also listen to songs while sewing and everything, basically the daily needs of a human being.
Sometimes I would listen to songs before or while I sleep, too. (But that rarely happens, if I feel bored then I'll do that.)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I pretty much listen to music a lot, So I listen to music during many activities...

- If I'm playing a round of golf on my own or when am not playing in a tournament
- If im in the gym or just doing in house workouts
- When I go for a run or jog
- When studying or just doing work, helps the pain
- Or when I am just doing casual stuff

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
If I could I would listen to music all day. Mostly because I hate silence. I also use music to relive stress and just get away from everything.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
It depends what the activity is. If I'm reading, doing homework, or taking a test I usually don't listen to music because it distracts me too much. If I'm jogging, doing work around the house, or drawing I love playing some tunes.

Well, it depends really much on what I'm doing. As you state daily work, like cleaning your room or something is a situation I would listen to music. Basically I listen to music in a lot of situations, but some situations I don't do.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
It truly depends on what activities I'm partaking in. I can't, no matter how hard I try, read and listen to music simultaneously. On the contrary, I love listening to music while I'm writing/typing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom