• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Like Your Job?

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Right now I'm working just a regular customer service job it's not what I would like to be doing the rest of my life but I need to work here for the insurance. The customers are what makes it really hard to enjoy my job at times because they can be incredibly rude, and entitled. Also management seems to always cut peoples hours which leads to upset customers because they have to wait longer. I am looking to get into a job that is in the field I want to work in for the rest of my life but so far a lot of them don't offer insurance and I really need that.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I really like my current job as a Quality Assurance Engineer.

Working in the IT industry is something I worked toward for quite a few years at uni so it feels good to have made it in. My current workplace is fantastic too, my coworkers are great to work with and the culture is very flexible and people focused so if we need time to go to an appointment or personal matter during work hours it isn't any problem as long as we manage our own time and get what we need to finish done. We can work from home as much as we want with an office to go to if we feel like it. Also we are allowed to work remotely from overseas for up to eight weeks per year which is a nice perk considering I love to travel.

One of my favourite things is that each Friday morning between 9am-11am we have "Wellbeing Friday" where everyone can spend that time (on the clock) doing anything that they want to contribute to their mental health and wellbeing (even sleeping in!). Plus every month we have a team lunch/early knock off drinks sponsored by the company and each three months a full team day doing some kind of activity like escape rooms, bowling, laser tag, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom