• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Do You Like to Batlle Enemies Without Lock-On?

Have you tried battling without Z-targeting?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
So this is coming off of another thread. I talked about Z-targeting and how well it works in Zelda. I love it, and I'm glad they came up with it in OoT's development. But I don't always use it. Sometimes I like to break out the sword or the bow and take on enemies without any targeting system. It's hard alright, but I love the challenge it brings.

Have you ever tried this? Is it a cool idea?

linkypete

I am the very model of a modern major-general
I have been forced to when the L button on my 3ds was broken and could not be used. I beat ocarina of time 3d without locking on once, but it was very hard, and I died a lot.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I am too used to targeting enemies in Zelda. I probably couldn't if I tried. I can see it be weird and annoying at times without targeting enemies though. Especially with flying enemies. I would probably get extremely frustrated.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I have been forced to when the L button on my 3ds was broken and could not be used. I beat ocarina of time 3d without locking on once, but it was very hard, and I died a lot.

Are%20You%20A%20Wizard.jpg

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I don't really care for it that much. I mean, sure it adds a challenge (hey, people who think Zelda is too hard, here you go! :P) but it's sorta overkill imo. I never have enjoyed it that much, although I haven't tried it a whole lot, enough to say it's not my favorite thing ever. Seeing as the game is sorta designed with the idea that you would use the Z-Targeting button... I just sorta play my games the way they were intended to be played. But meh, everyone has their own style.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have, a couple times. Locking on--though very obviously the intended method of fighting--is completely optional. It just makes battles easier, and, in my opinion, a lot more fun. Battling without locking on, based on my personal experience, is quite difficult typically, and usually quite awkward. Although, it is fun to give it a try once in a while, just to see how much of a difference it makes (it does, not surprisingly, make a significant difference).

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
in wind waker,the only enemy i L-target are darknuts,or unless i wanna see toon link do the striking thing once in a while
but i do L-target in the other games most of the time,except skyward sword [unless i HAVE to]

Salem

SICK
Nope, I rarely do it. The modern Zelda games were designed with it in mind, it's usually a good idea to use it. Although it sometimes gets annoying when I change my mind and wanna leave but since I leave the targeting on switch rather than hold, it keeps on switching target and refuse to let me untarget.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I prefer Z-Targeting. I never hit a single thing unless I use it. In hordes I usually don't use it, but once I have them narrowed down I'll start to Z-Target. It's a convenience that I like to abuse.

Big Octo

=^)
I've done it a few times to add more challenge. Sometimes, I can find it to be quite fun and refreshing compared to how I usually play, but other times, it just becomes a nuisance. The annoyances usually outweigh the fun segments, so I don't find myself doing it often. Z-Targeting exists for a good reason and ignoring the function shows what effect it has on the game. Though, perhaps, one of these days I might do an entire run of Ocarina of Time without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom