• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Do you like the title? Can you come up with a better one?

"Breath of the Wild?

• Woo!

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • Ugh

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I wouldn't try to come up with a new title until we know more about the game's plot. Right now, in spite of all the gameplay we've seen, we know little.

At first I thought it was a bit odd since it doesn't seem like it'd be connect to an item or theme in the game but now I like it cause it feels unique.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I much prefer "The Legend of Zelda: Seth in the Wild". It's based on the our lovely Seth as he explores the wild. I wish Dan was here so he could draw a pic of this.

I also think it is a new and symbolic name. I personally think Nintendo was trying to suggest that the 'Wild' has become an entity of its own, therefore justifying the Breath part. I can see why some would be drawn to the idea of bad breath, but the overall look of the game, the aesthetics and the life it possesses brings another layer of meaning to the name.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
Hey all.

Like many of you, I'm head over heels in love with BoTW. Everything about it looks super promising and I can't wait til it finally comes out.

When the game was shown off at E3 however, one thing I wasn't all that keen on was the name, Breath of the Wild.

I understand the reasoning behind the name, I watched then they explained that it had to do with making the land the central theme for the game. Still, I can't help be a bit "eh" about the name. In fact, i've been pretty "eh" about the names for the other recent main console zelda games. Was never too keen on Twilight Princess or Skyward sword either. But that's me getting off topic.

To me, when I say a word in my head I unconsciously see an image associated with that word. "Of the wild" is fine, I can definitely picture rolling hills and vast landscapes there. But "breath?" To me, breath is kind of a gross word. Not only does the word sound just kind of weird, but it makes me think of... bad breath. Like, halitosis. Not a good moniker for possibly the best Zelda game we've had for a while, in my opinion.

That said, I know plenty of people who like the name fine and don't have that association. I've heard people say how "breath" makes them think of life, wind, etc. Which is cool, I can understand that reasoning.

Anyway, i'm just curious about you guys' opinions. Do you like the name? Would you prefer it to be something else? Does it even really matter? Make your thoughts known!

I don't mind the name, I just think it doesn't sound like a Zelda game, I mean, come on...
- Ocarina of Time
- Phantom Hourglass
- Majora's Mask
- Skyward Sword
- Twilight Princess
- Breath of the Wild
Like what the actual FU-
I'd perfer something like "The Legend of Zelda - Enter Good Title Here"

Without knowing the story of this game yet, it's impossible to come up with a good title for it. I think it's great as it is, personally.

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
I also misread the title as "Breath of the Wind" at first. Originally, I thought it was quite a mouthful to say but I have gotten used to it and like it now. It is a nice mixup having an ambiguous title this time around.

karu

Panamaniac
Breath of the Wild??? I think it's okay BUT!!! "Ruin and Rising" seems better, Hyrule is in chaos, who going to make it better again?? Link

Hey all.

Like many of you, I'm head over heels in love with BoTW. Everything about it looks super promising and I can't wait til it finally comes out.

When the game was shown off at E3 however, one thing I wasn't all that keen on was the name, Breath of the Wild.

I understand the reasoning behind the name, I watched then they explained that it had to do with making the land the central theme for the game. Still, I can't help be a bit "eh" about the name. In fact, i've been pretty "eh" about the names for the other recent main console zelda games. Was never too keen on Twilight Princess or Skyward sword either. But that's me getting off topic.

To me, when I say a word in my head I unconsciously see an image associated with that word. "Of the wild" is fine, I can definitely picture rolling hills and vast landscapes there. But "breath?" To me, breath is kind of a gross word. Not only does the word sound just kind of weird, but it makes me think of... bad breath. Like, halitosis. Not a good moniker for possibly the best Zelda game we've had for a while, in my opinion.

That said, I know plenty of people who like the name fine and don't have that association. I've heard people say how "breath" makes them think of life, wind, etc. Which is cool, I can understand that reasoning.

Anyway, i'm just curious about you guys' opinions. Do you like the name? Would you prefer it to be something else? Does it even really matter? Make your thoughts known!
breath of the Wind
am I right

I think they definitely could've come up with something better. Some alliteration like "Woods of the Wild" or "Wake of the Wild" or something sounds better to me. Even something like "Call of the Wild" sounds better to me, as breath makes me think of someone breathing in my face.

breath makes me think of someone breathing in my face.

I'm curious, what makes you think of that? That just seems kind of random. It'd be like if I said "Call of the Wild" makes me think my phone. I mean, I don't know. I don't think I get why that's a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom