• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Like the Sequel Form More Than Just Different Versions?

Do you like the sequel form over the different version form?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
With the release of Black and White 2, Nintendo implemented sequels for the series which were never used before. In the past, they usually used just different versions of the game with little plot difference. Now with this new thing to Pokemon, do you like it more than what they did before?

I do like the sequel form better because while right now it may seem like just a sequel without drastic differences, I think it could be improved as such in the future.

univpark

Heart of Steel
I like the sequel form a LOT more. I like the way that they pulled it off, and the story was different, even more so than the past third games. There were a few things that I feel could have been done better, but, overall, it was a nice experience, and I very much enjoyed seeing how the region changed and what had happened in the past two years. The Memory Link helped achieve this nicely as well.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I actually like sequels better. In other versions of the game, it feels like I'm playing the game all over again with minor changes. But with the White & Black 2 seques, so much more has changed! I love it this way & wish they did this sooner. It gives a bigger change in the story & still introduces extra legendaries & areas.

I'd prefer it if Game Freak kept the tradition of making a Third game for each Gen, everything that was done in the sequels could of been put into one version. But having said that I do like how the sequels turned out, I really felt like I was on a new adventure but with familiar places and trainers.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Although I was not entirely fond of Black 2 and White 2, I’ll whole-heartedly admit that they did a great job as being a sequel. I do agree with Vaati101 though, I prefer there just be a third game in one version instead of two. Regardless of that, Nintendo and Gamefreak did a remarkable job with the sequel of Black and White.

As far as characters go, I did enjoy them. I especially liked the fact of having a single, yet completely rash and reckless, rival. I also found Colress to be very amusing and mysterious. My favorite thing though, is that they kept all ‘major’ characters in them game from the previous one. For example, they didn't omit Lenora even though she isn’t a Gym Leader anymore.

Even though there’s only a two year difference between the games, I felt the Unova region had nice changes to it. Many new places and buildings were found and created upon the arrival of the much anticipated sequel. Aspertia, Virbank, and even Flocessy were all great additions that I adored. I also liked new establishments that were built, such as the Pokémon World Tournament.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I haven't gotten to the Pokemon League yet in Black 2, but from what I've experience so far (I'm working on challenging the Humilau City gym) I'm really liking it. Mind you, I didn't actually play Black or White 1 so some of the stuff is lost on me, but I'm really liking the format. Many of the previous regions have definitely overgone change, and it's apparent that most of it's really helping the region to develop further, but that some things that should not be forgotten are being lost.

Also, it's allowing for previous characters to develop further and for new characters to go a different direction. I'm actually really liking the way the rival is being handled so far. Rather than just a simple friend who challenges you from time to time (May, Dawn, and Hilda) or an intimate rival who you struggle with throughout the game (Silver and particularly Gary Oak), he seems like an otherwise caring individual that has a really dark side to him. (DON'T SPOIL THIS FOR ME!!!) I'm wondering if he's gonna be able to get over his anger issues and move on with his life, or if I'm gonna hafta fight him at some point when he goes too far. Very intriguing.

Also it doesn't hurt that there are Pokemon from previous generations along with the new ones, it's a nice touch.

Aerauro67

That God of Yellow Foxes
I like the sequel bringovers. Especially the new games with the all new gyms and bring backs of old Pokemon. That's all I gotta say. o_o

I prefer one sequel over multiple follow-up versions. The problem with multiple Pokemon versions is the exclusivity issue. It's impossible to collect all the Pokemon from a given region-never would such a feat be possible for the National Pokedex of course-in one of the split versions. So and so version had this and that exclusive Pokemon, etc. Bridge installment like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum versions largely alleviate this problem.

I prefer if Gamefreak and the Pokemon Company gloss over one more romp in the same region in favor of transitioning to the next generaiton earlier. While subtle differences to the unova region in Blak and White 2 were appreciated, the games ultimately felt like one last effort to profit off the DS's large install base prior to creating a mainstream adventure for the Nintendo 3DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom