• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Do You Like the New Link's Awakening Art Style?

Do you like the new art style?

• Yes

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was happy in 2006 like I said. And you are surprised when quality dips that people aren't happy? It's not surprising at all
kinda bummed that you do exist :/

must be hard to be nintendo with ****ty, super-****y fans all over the place

I was happy in 2006 like I said. And you are surprised when quality dips that people aren't happy? It's not surprising at all
whoa, yet you have 8700+ posts here
i'd say you're like a farm animal in slop happy

Last edited by a moderator:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
kinda bummed that you do exist :/

must be hard to be nintendo with ****ty, super-****y fans all over the place

whoa, yet you have 8700+ posts here
i'd say you're like a farm animal in slop happy

Well I do exist and many more like me. I am bummed that people like you are willing to lap up mediocrity as your acceptance only allows the mediocrity to continue to be churned out.

Most of those posts were probably me complaining about Skyward Sword.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
People please keep it civil okay? There is no need to call each other out and respect each other's opinion. No need to start name calling because of what personal opinion someone has about Nintendo and games.
And because people aren't satisfied with the artstyle or title doesn't make them bad or ****ty fans.

Art style is cartoonish but I don’t find it bad at all. I’d prefer same art style shown in opening trailer but I’m satisfied how it looks. It’s cute. I had negative thoughts about WW when saw its childlike art style first time but learnt to appreciate it after playing it couple hours. So I don't think art style of LA remake is going to be disappointment

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
63% don't like it

it's amazing. every time a new zelda is announced i end up swinging by here to see what people are saying. it's always negative. nobody is ever just... satisfied.

lighten up

No kidding people aren't satisfied. The fans have made it clear which direction they want Nintendo to go in as far as art style is concerned and Nintendo keeps going in the exact opposite direction. I can't speak for everyone, but it seems clear to me that most people seem to prefer a consistent and mature (but not gritty) art style, which Nintendo hasn't delivered for over a decade.

A neutral style like OoT/MM/TP is more fitting for the series and feels like a more inclusive style. When you see games like GOW, you get the feeling that it's an adult only game. When you see something like Yoshi's Woolly World, you get the impression that this is specifically for kids. But when you see something like Smash Bros., it feels like it's a game anyone can enjoy. And that's why a lot of the older fans didn't like tWW's art style when it came out, it just gave the impression that "this game isn't for you, this is for the kids".

Not really. Frankly, I don't get why Nintendo keeps changing the art style in every new entry in the series. In my opinion, the official artwork for Link's Awakening looked really good. Why not render that look in 3D? I just dont get it. I will still play and enjoy the game though.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Not really. Frankly, I don't get why Nintendo keeps changing the art style in every new entry in the series. In my opinion, the official artwork for Link's Awakening looked really good. Why not render that look in 3D? I just dont get it. I will still play and enjoy the game though.

If Nintendo ever made a new Zelda game with a 3D style of the official artwork of Link's Awakening or the Oracle games, I'd buy it in a second. It's easily my favorite art style in the series, and they need to revisit it.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I was surprised by the art style too, but I think it looks freaking adorable, and honestly, what did we expect? The original game and more so the DX remake already used this style, just in 8 bit form. But I can understand people disliking the shading. I personally like it, but that’s just me.

thePlinko

ZD Legend
No kidding people aren't satisfied. The fans have made it clear which direction they want Nintendo to go in as far as art style is concerned and Nintendo keeps going in the exact opposite direction. I can't speak for everyone, but it seems clear to me that most people seem to prefer a consistent and mature (but not gritty) art style, which Nintendo hasn't delivered for over a decade.

A neutral style like OoT/MM/TP is more fitting for the series and feels like a more inclusive style. When you see games like GOW, you get the feeling that it's an adult only game. When you see something like Yoshi's Woolly World, you get the impression that this is specifically for kids. But when you see something like Smash Bros., it feels like it's a game anyone can enjoy. And that's why a lot of the older fans didn't like tWW's art style when it came out, it just gave the impression that "this game isn't for you, this is for the kids".

You thought TP was neutral? That’s like the edgiest game ever, it’s main mechanic is werewolfism for pete sake!

thePlinko

ZD Legend

I personally like how they keep changing the art style, it gives each game a unique personality.

thePlinko

ZD Legend
If you didn’t like Twilight Princess, and if you thought that was super edgy, you shouldn’t. It’s lightning is similar in some places and you can turn into a vampire and what not. Also, it can be very silly at times and you didn’t like the Malo Mart part of TP.

Oh no I liked malo mart. I just thought it was a bit out of place. Also I never said I disliked TP. It’s just my least favorite game in the series

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom