• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Do You Like the New Link's Awakening Art Style?

Do you like the new art style?

• Yes

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Absolutely not. This was one of my favorite titles, and I was blown away by how awful it looks. It especially doesn't make sense when they've already made a 2-D game semi-recently with graphical updates. IDK what Nintendo's problem is with consistency, but this thing looks like a kid's game.

As it stands, it's not something I'd pick up as a $60 game, though I think they're more likely to sell it at $30ish, in which case I'd consider buying...used.

I noticed that too. It could be Switch limitations, but I highly doubt it. It’s ether they don’t want you to see past there or they’ve let to fix it. Maybe it’s blurry because (spoiler) it’s a dream?

I think it's more to do with the fact that the world is divided into "rooms", and they're using it as a way to keep the rooms contained, while still seeming like they're connected to the overworld. IDK how to really explain my thoughts lol

I think it's more to do with the fact that the world is divided into "rooms", and they're using it as a way to keep the rooms contained, while still seeming like they're connected to the overworld. IDK how to really explain my thoughts lol

I think I know what you mean here, you mean when the screen shifts from one map tile to another when you reach the edge of the screen.

If that is what you mean, LA Switch doesn't do that anymore. The camera scrolls properly and doesn't shift map/screen tiles like it used to, so the blurring isn't to signify that.

It may be an effect to try and give an extra sense of depth. I don't like it it too much though.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I was about to say that I didn't see the trailer yet but google is your best friend. No, no and no. Yes some things are more clear but it looks so cartoonish and so much like a puppet show. But I'll wait till I played it. IF I ever going to play it again because I refuse to buy a switch only for this game

63% don't like it

it's amazing. every time a new zelda is announced i end up swinging by here to see what people are saying. it's always negative. nobody is ever just... satisfied.

lighten up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom