• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Like the Nes or Famicom Game Better

J

joeynintendo

Go at it its your say NES Nintendo Entertainment System or the Famicom disc system :)

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Actually there aren't that many differences between the versions.
As far as I know in LoZ only the soundtrack is a bit different (the Famicom version has slightly better music). And in AoL there are some minor differences, here I prefer the NES version. Someone made a video about the differences:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
They're both pretty glitchy, to be honest, and said glitches are game breaking...I like both equally – despite the obvious differences between the two versions, they're still telling the same story and have the same exhilarating gameplay as always (:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Huh, where are there game-breaking glitches in the first two Zelda games, I never ran into one. I know that in aLttP there's that glitch with the mirror where you can go "under" a dungeon and do several other things, but you must really try to get that on purpose. But in the NES games?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's mostly problems with cartridges, I can't remember if there are any input specific glitches you can do within the game. I know at one point when I repeatedly entered and exited I think it was Level 1, the game froze on me. I was running a perfectly good cartridge at the time, so I dunno. There are palette glitches and things of that sort, though they're common to all NES era games.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
The Famicom versions of the games were a little higher quality, so ideally I'd prefer to play those versions.

The main problem is that those versions didn't make it into English, so I would be playing a game I can't understand. So in theory, I would find the Famicom version superior. But in reality, I generally stick with the NES versions because of the mere fact that they're more readily available in English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom