• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Do You Like the Fact You Can Replay Final Boss Fights in Zelda Games?

Do You Like the Fact You Can Replay Final Boss Fights in Zelda Games?

• Total voters
Ok, Its OK to do the final boss a few times, but I hate the way the quest is never in a "completed" state because you can play the boss over and over again...

Crayk

The invisible crab
I dunno. I think there's no more quest for Link to do. They might thought we like the ending credits too. :)

In some of them it's ok, like Twilight Princess, But in other its kindve annoying cause you cant play around a dark and gloomy world as much as you could earlier. So my answer is no. I don't like it, I think at the end of the game there should be some more exploring to do, games to play, and zelda's to hug. What, too far? Sorry cause we don't have a censor-bar! That rhymed. Notice I am getting off topic. Bye. :)

Yah, I want to go past it so I can have fun with Zelda. But they just give it a flat down " Redo the boss as much as you want" way that hurts you. Glad Majoras Mask lets you refight all bosses. But you should know what happened to Link and where Navi is. :(

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Actually, I'm tired of the whole "save you at just before final boss" thing. Zelda needs to learn from Final Fantasy, Star Ocean and many other Square Enix titles. We need post game content, not a ridiculous second quest where nothing changes but double damage and no recovery hearts. We need dungeons that require skill, combat, endurance and so on. To achieve that, though, Nintendo needs a system that can handle it. Luckily, the Wii U is coming soon. So, as I said, Zelda needs post game content beyond the tired New Game+ the series is starting to get a handhold on.

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Actually, I'm tired of the whole "save you at just before final boss" thing. Zelda needs to learn from Final Fantasy, Star Ocean and many other Square Enix titles. We need post game content, not a ridiculous second quest where nothing changes but double damage and no recovery hearts. We need dungeons that require skill, combat, endurance and so on. To achieve that, though, Nintendo needs a system that can handle it. Luckily, the Wii U is coming soon. So, as I said, Zelda needs post game content beyond the tired New Game+ the series is starting to get a handhold on.

Well OOT master quest is a second quest that is MUCH harder.

I love it! I love watching the last scenes in the Wind Waker over and over, and crying about the king dieing. Ah I love the WW.

I would love replaying boss fights as long as they put some a lot of effort into the bosses themselves (I'm looking at you Twilight Princess).

MW7

How in the world is the first Zelda game the only one that actually gives you something truly new to do once you beat it? Even if they left the rest of the game alone, changing the insides of dungeons would make a huge difference. I was hugely disappointed when I found out what Hero Mode actually was. I was hoping for at worst a master quest, meaning that the puzzles in the dungeons would be different but the layout the same. I was so excited that I was blinded by my expectations. When I heard you kept your treasures, my initial understanding was that you kept all your items from the first quest- yeah I was so wrong.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
I like the fact that you can battle the final boss over and over again. I think it's good practice for any zelda games you may play in the future, if that makes sense.

rettam

I accidentally the...
I really wish the story would finish properly and the final boss would be put into the boss rush (if applicable).

On that note, I really hope to see a boss rush in all future Zelda games.

I like it; though I understand why others wouldn't.
It just makes sense to me to save before the final boss, because in many cases Link/Zelda/Ganondorf/whoever has a set ending, and playing further would contradict that.
Maybe one day (with the coming of the Wii U, and such), we will have more open-ended Zelda games, with things to do after saving the day. I guess we'll have to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom