• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Do you like the Divine Beasts?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
The Divine Beasts can be piloted in Age of Calamity, as has been shown in trailers previously. Getting to board one, and getting thousands of K.O's by firing away at hordes of enemies is something that looked both majestic and chaotic.

Do you like the Divine Beast sections? Are they implemented well into the game? Which one is your favorite to pilot?

Ninja

Well well well
I've only used one so far and I can just feel the novelty effect wearing off soon. It's pretty sweet though, especially wrecking everyone with it's special attacks.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It's fun, but a little clunky, and their massive hit box made it really easy (for me) to take damage.

Feels like a gimmick that's going to be fun the first time but overall doesn't add much and isn't very innovative. So far they seem incredibly button-mashy.

It's a fun diversion. There's no real substance to it (at least not in the two I've played), but it's entertaining, and I like the fact that the music is remixed versions of the Attacking the Divine Beast soundtracks from Breath of the Wild.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think they're super cool. I kinda wish you could change the buttons because mashing triggers is never comfortable for me, ever. Still, their sections are really impressive looking and often really satisfying to play through. I think trying to guard with Rudania is really finnicky but other than that I really enjoy them and I look forward to the next one every time.

Robbie fan club
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't really mind them but I'm not as excited about them as I was hoping to be. The controls just feel a little off, not to the point where I'm actively frustrated or annoyed but enough to turn me off the missions after doing one. Like, I'll have fun with a divine beast mission, but need to take a break before doing another one.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
After having a lot more time with them, I wanna say that I look forward to all of their sections... except Rudania's. Rudania is the only one without a proper way to guard. The only method of defense it has is to catch boulders thrown by stone taluses. Its levels constantly have rows of lynels barraging you with shock arrows and there's literally nothing you can do about it other than shoot them individually like 10 times each. Rudania is a pain to control and it's practically a sitting duck.

If I had to rank my enjoyment of the beasts, it'd be: Naboris > Ruta >Medoh > Rudania.

I found them strangely uneven actually, like some of the missions were easy, but some others were super tight with the time limits. I dunno, hard to see what's going on a lot of the time too. But overall very enjoyable! Naboris is definitely my favourite because of the charging/ramming into enemies.

It's fun, it gives us that novelty of getting to use them, and it's a change of pace when you need one. I think Nabooris is the best in terms of steering it around, but I think Rudania is the most fun to pilot because I love the feel of catching the rocks and huckin' 'em back at the enemy. Also the artilli-tail attack feels neat. Also explosions.

Oh, and unleashing the special feel GUUUUUD. I always make sure I'm pointed directly at something when I start it. Before I even get control and the camera is still facing me, you see the little notifications like "X enemy defeated" and I'm always like "You're GD right it was..."

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I personally like Naboris the best. The damage it can do is insane. And you can easily avoid damage by just pressing the y button. I like Rudania the least. No proper guard and it feels more like I'm driving a tank.

I like how Revali's divine beast stages are basically the all-range mode areas of Star Fox, as if the Falco comparisons weren't enough on the nose.

One thing I particularly liked was we actually got to see the Divine Beasts in action. In BOTW it seemed as though their only task was to fire one big laser down on the Calamity to knock off just half it's health bar. This game showing they were actually wiping out entire armies of evil made it feel like the champion's role as pilots was actually significant.

D

Deleted member 91332

I'm a huge fan of Kaiju films and specially loved Pacific Rim, so piloting the divine beasts was a dream come true.

Vah Medoh is the most complicated to pilot because of the two different viewpoints and attacks but I love its 360 degree laser blast. It's probably my favorite. Then Vah Rudania because I love the serious, uncanny music, can imagine Daruk being so boss when he piloted it. Naboris's lightning gauge annoys me a bit but I like its storm attack. Ruta is a bit too straightforward for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom