• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Do you like the create a dungeon feature on LA for Switch?

They had better be shareable. But if they are, I worry that I'd need a subscription just to share them, which would be a horrible decision. I've wanted something like this for a long time, I always thought that the 3DS games would have made excellent use of something like this thanks to the touch screen but it never happened. I can't wait to see how it all plays out. I also hope there's a lot of customization options, like where to put keys or which doors are locked, I hope it's not just a function of the rooms you unlock.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
It’s an awesome addition. I doubt I’d fiddle much with it, just because I struggle with creating things like that (I touched the Smash Bros stagemaker for like 3 minutes). Regardless, it adds a lot to the game and, assuming you can share them online, opens the door for so many possibilities.

The feature is pretty neat and it's kinda cool for a gamer to feel like a designer, but one thing I really hate about these kind of creation modes is no doubt 100% someone will make a phallic looking Dungeon and eveyone will like it, you just can't avoid that kinda of design and it drives me nuts. (no pun intended)

Anyway if it something that can breathe new life into a classic, then I'm cool with it.

MW7

I like it and will definitely use the feature a lot. I honestly would have bought the game even before I learned this was in the game though. It does seem a little limited in functionality in that you are reusing rooms from the game, but watching the video of the gameplay I can see why a full-on Zelda maker would be overwhelming (might take hours to make a dungeon if you had to build each room from nothing). Overall this makes me more excited for the game.

It provides the game with more longevity and helps justify the price and re-release while also potentially testing the waters for a more fully-featured dungeon creator in a future title, although that may be wishful thinking on my part.

All in all I approve of the feature and hope it isn't a one-and-done gimmick.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It's a neat addition, but I think it's a bit lackluster. From what I understand, you build unique layouts using pre-made rooms from dungeons you've already done. You don't actually design your own rooms, which is what I would expect from a dungeon-designer feature. It's a bit disappointing if I'm being honest and I don't think it'll really add a ton in the long run.

To each their own though. I personally feel like it's not enough of a unique feature and think it's dumb that you can't actually create original dungeon room designs, but I know many people are happy with it and I can get behind them at least adding something new to the game even if that thing isn't technically new at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom