• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-3DS Do You Like The Changes Made For Ocarina Of Time 3D?

Do You Like The Changes Made For Ocarina Of Time 3D?

• Yes, I love them!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure....

• No, I hate them!

• Total voters

General Skel

Stalfos!!!
By now, you've probably played Ocarina Of Time 3D. If you haven't, I'm sure you've seen videos of it. Now that you've have a run-in with it, how do you feel about the changes? The new graphics, additions, item changes, etc. I'll just go through several changes. I would cover all of them, but then I would just be writing a novel. But what do you guy think about the changes?

I must say that the graphics look a lot better. The title screen has really been updated.
tumblr_ljwuy9vc2u1qzpbds.jpg

I actually like the Nintendo 64 version of the shop more than the new version.
ocarinaoftimecomparison.jpg

A wider angle is always nice. But Link looks a little fat.
zelda_comparison_02.png

King Dodongo looks awesome in the 3D version, and his lair looks cooler as well.
oot-comparison-7.jpg

The new Happy Mask Shop looks really nice. It adds that party-feel to it. Hyrule Castle doesn't look blurry. And we see Death Mountain, which lets us see how close together each area really is.
tumblr_ljwpvreQvt1qam6n0o1_500.jpg

I think Nintendo was tired of fans looking at fish breasts all the time.
ruto.png

Salem

SICK
Things I liked:

-Text crawl speed increased
-Switching between items is faster, it helped a lot, specially with the Water temple and also the shadow temple to some extent.

Things I didn't like
-camera panning is added to some dungeons, they were added to places that didn't have them in the original game, and in some places they were increased.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I like everything that OoT3D did graphically bar three important things: Young Link's appearance, Adult Link's appearance, and the rolling animations. YL looks like some chubby anime kid. Adult Link looks like some anime big kid - not a young adult. I don't like either of them. And I just detest the rolling animations; they remind me far too much of ragdoll physics, and that is not what I know OoT for. :I

Difficulty wise, I really don't mind bar a special case*. Oh, so they put in some extra cutscenes or modified existing ones. Oh, so they added Sheikah Stones. Big whoop amirite? They also added Mirrored Master Quest Double Damage, which is pretty awesome.

Oh, and I absolutely love Boss Gauntlet. Talk about best addition ever!

*Color coded doors. Seriously, memorizing the layout of the temple was the difficulty thanks to all of the backtracking that we had to and still have to do. Why would you just kill 99% of the Water Temple like that? Gosh.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I didn't like how Link looked, or how bright everything was.

I did a side-by-side comparison of the final battle with Ganon, and the 3DS version has him so well lit he loses his intimidating factor. In the original, the best part about Ganon was how you couldn't really see him, and you felt intimidated and curious about this epic beast. This effect was lost in 3D.

Why does Ganondorf have green blood in the 3D version? It looks like he's vomiting. Give me my red blood back!

I feel like kid's today missed out by not having the original Water Temple. It was an epic thing, and a write of passage for a gamer. Now the 3DS boys think they beat the Water Temple, but they haven't faced the true 64 horror of it all!

Those are my only real issues, but the Happy Mask shop didn't need to change.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I have mixed feelings for OoT 3D.

I love the addition of Master Quest and Boss Gauntlet. I have been trying to play Master Quest since my friend told me about it in first grade, and now I can finally play it. Boss Gauntlet is pretty fun too. I loved how you could refight bosses in Majora's Mask, but OoT has my favorite bosses and I've always wanted to fight them again whenever I want. Obviously the graphics are better and the controls are better compared to the N64 version.

I hate how they made everything easier though. Camera panning that made finding things easier. Moving crystal switches to more noticeable areas. Color coding the doors. Sheikah Stones that give you hints. It's unnecessary to be honest.

Why does Ganondorf have green blood in the 3D version? It looks like he's vomiting. Give me my red blood back!

I think it was only red in V1.0 of the N64 version

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Graphically I like the changes, but they made the game so much easier. =(

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I didn't like how Link looked, or how bright everything was.
Oh definitely. I also hated the crazy brightness. Nintendo has such a nasty love for LIGHT BLOOM and BRIGHT EVERYTHING.

I did a side-by-side comparison of the final battle with Ganon, and the 3DS version has him so well lit he loses his intimidating factor. In the original, the best part about Ganon was how you couldn't really see him, and you felt intimidated and curious about this epic beast. This effect was lost in 3D.
Also agreed. Realistically speaking, Ganon was a poor boss. However, the original made up for this by having this epic piece for a stage. It was dark, it was the final battle, and it was a battle for a lifetime. In 3D, it seemed like it was simply "the final boss". :/

Those camera panning thingies were dumb to begin with....
Agreed.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I liked all of the improvements that Nintendo made in OoT 3D mainly the graphics and the appearance of Link. I suppose I can't blame Link's appearance in the original due to the restraints of the N64, but both new Links actually looked like people instead of angry looking birds in green tunics.

The gossip stone hints I can't really judge because I never used them.
I also like the addition of boss battles, the Master Quest option, and the increased climbing speed (I think)

I also like how Link felt and moved. It seemed like he actually had weight and his motions were much more fluid

DarkLink17

Well then
I liked mostly every aspect of the 3D remake, including the graphics, bottom-screen interface, boss reruns, and especially the Master Quest.

Although, like everyone else has said, the game was/felt much easier than the original, this having a lot to do with the new doors in the Water Temple. Since that dungeon took most of the whole game-play time anyways (N64).

As a kid playing OoT, I played the game so much that I ended up growing tired of it. There was a long time between playing the game on N64 and 3DS for me, and I have to say that I was very impressed with the 3DS version. I liked the improved graphics and gameplay (moving the 3DS around to aim with the bow and slingshot was awesome!). The Boss Gauntlet was a great addition, and I'm excited to play through the entirety of the Master Quest finally!

Graphically I like the changes, but they made the game so much easier. =(

It seems that whenever they remake a game for a different platform, they make it slightly easier. I was very disappointed with Link's Awakening DX when they added a lot more hints that I had been stuck on for months when I first played through the original LA. I guess the exceptions to this have been the remakes or ports of LoZ, AoL, and ALttP for the various consoles such as the GBA and Virtual Console ports.

I know right!?

I checked and it was only in v1.0 and v1.1. So was the original Fire Temple music.

I own v1.0 so the Fire Temple music and Ganon's blood threw me off when I played the 3DS version.

Do you know when they started making the 1.1 versions? The only versions I've seen and played have had the changed fire temple music and green blood, but I thought I got the game not too long after it came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom