• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-3DS Do You Like The Changes Made For Ocarina Of Time 3D?

Do You Like The Changes Made For Ocarina Of Time 3D?

• Yes, I love them!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure....

• No, I hate them!

• Total voters

Salem

SICK
But you could think of Ocarina Of Time 3D as being the Star Wars Special Editions. Some people love the Special Editions, some people hate them, and some people like certain aspects of them.
Exept with the Star Wats special edition, Lucas tries to force them on us, giving us little choice to watch the original, unless you still have them on VHS or laser disk it took him a while before he budged and give us the original on DVD....4:3 version, but he didn't with the blue ray....

With 3DS version, the original is always availalbe, thanks to the virtual console.

General Skel

Stalfos!!!
Exept with the Star Wats special edition, Lucas tries to force them on us, giving us little choice to watch the original, unless you still have them on VHS or laser disk it took him a while before he budged and give us the original on DVD....4:3 version, but he didn't with the blue ray....

With 3DS version, the original is always availalbe, thanks to the virtual console.

True, quite true. But the Virtual Console version is not the original, it's just running on emulation. You can tell by the color differences.

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
The Water Temple isnt the most tedious thing in gaming existance in the 3DS version

So yeah

Like basically every change.

Salem

SICK
True, quite true. But the Virtual Console version is not the original, it's just running on emulation. You can tell by the color differences.
That can't be helped, at least this means nintendo aren't purposely trying to bury the original versions of the game unlike what some people try with their movies.;)

Color coded doors. Seriously, memorizing the layout of the temple was the difficulty thanks to all of the backtracking that we had to and still have to do. Why would you just kill 99% of the Water Temple like that? Gosh.
Okay, now that I think about it, what do these colour coded doors mean? I never understood them.

Last edited:

General Skel

Stalfos!!!
Okay, not that I think about it, what do these colour coded doors mean? I never understood them.

It could mean one of two things. One, you're suppose to follow the same colored doors. Or two, they did it just to say "hey, look at what we can do."

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
Ok, they're good examples, but there hardly game breaking need to be clever puzzles in the game. And as for the Water Temple one, the Water Temple sucked enough, and having a key constantly hidden by the camera is... Yeah.

Color coded doors. Seriously, memorizing the layout of the temple was the difficulty thanks to all of the backtracking that we had to and still have to do. Why would you just kill 99% of the Water Temple like that? Gosh.
Because it was garbage?

They salvaged that awful temple with fixing the boots if anything. It wasn't difficult, it was tedious.

General Skel

Stalfos!!!
Constant pausing to switch the boots was the only bad thing about the Water Temple.

You're right there, but that was one on the challenges of the Water Temple. Making the Iron Boots an item instead of equipment was a good change. I don't know why they changed the Hoover Boots as well. Most likely to keep it with the Iron Boots.

MW7

I think the use of the touch screen to aid with item selection is excellent, and the gyroscope controls are really fun. I think it's slightly shameful how they dumbed down a few parts of the game with increased camera panning and the arrows in the Water Temple. The graphics are pretty, but making the game better looking would have been the last thing I would have improved about the game. Realistically I shouldn't have expected more content, but I think a lack of an ability to skip cutscenes in a game whose story has practically become cliched is worth complaining about.

Salem

SICK
You're right there, but that was one on the challenges of the Water Temple. Making the Iron Boots an item instead of equipment was a good change. I don't know why they changed the Hoover Boots as well. Most likely to keep it with the Iron Boots.
Changing the hoover boots was as obnoxious as the iron boots, but it wasn't used as often, so making it an item like the iron boots helped.

I think a lack of an ability to skip cutscenes in a game whose story has practically become cliched is worth complaining about.
Yeah, they should have realised that back then as well that people get bored of these things, at least this time the text is faster.

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
I enjoyed almost all of the improvements made to the 3D Remake.

The first thing to mention are the enhanced graphics. They are simply gorgeous. The character models look superb, the textures are nice and detailed, and the particle effects look better than ever. Very good.

The increased framerate also improved the experience for me. Everything felt much more fluid than before. This was gilded by the better animations that the game provided. Everything feels much more natural and less stiff when compared to the original game.

The touchscreen functionality for menu navigation was a welcome addition for me. Navigation and selection was very quick compared to before. Also, the inclusion of an additionl slot to equip an item made everything that much more convenient. Even more, changing the boots from equipment to items was a smart move. Switching to the Iron Boots was no longer tedious as it can be done in real time.

I didn't really care that much for the gyroscop use. I feel more comfortable holding my 3DS in place rather than moving it around. I leave the feature off whenever I play.

Now we come to the Masterquest. This was a big selling point to me, as I have never played the original Masterquest before. The inclusion of the mirrored world and stronger enemies made it even more appealing. When I played it for the first time, it felt like a completely different game. The challenge is there, and the dungeons had interesting twists.

Now, the only things I didn't like were the absense of glitches and some content that was altered in later versions of Ocarina of Time. Of course, this is a very minor complaint, and can be remedied by popping in my original cart into the N64.

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
Constant pausing to switch the boots was the only bad thing about the Water Temple.
Going back and forth between each floor over and over is also tedious and annoying.
However
It couldve been tolerable, and just seen as an "okay" dungeon, if it wasnt for that damn menu.

That made it flat out awful

Tedious level design x Tedious slow mechanic = A gamer's nightmare.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
the running animation was smoothed out quite a bit, i liked the color they threw into castle town, i actually liked a lot of the changes they put in there, such as ruto's head, its not as wide anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom