• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you like shadowdrops?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Today’s Hyrule Warriors announcement came out of the blue.

It’s an ongoing trend for sure - especially for Nintendo. Paper Mario announcement, Pikmin 3 announcement, nothing mentioned in a direct or beforehand in any way. Not to mention shadowdrops of games either - we had six games available immediately after the presentation was over in the last Indie World showcase.

Do you like this kind of marketing?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I do. I don't like suspense (at least in real life). I don't like waiting for directs to come, knowing I won't be interested in 90% of what they show. Vaguely hoping they'll have something in them for me every time they roll around isn't fun. I want to Know things and I want them to come Soon after I learn about them. That's how you satisfy me as a customer.

Yes and no.

Yes because its nice to be surprised and shadow drops usually have very short dates until release or are immediate, case in point Mario 3D All Stars and of course Age of Calamity.

No because I feel as if they are very easy to miss and if you aren't In Twitter or YouTube at the time then you may not know for hours. With announcements of Directs etc, at least I'm told when and where there will be news.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I think all of these sprang up in the morning for me, so unless I happen to be up early enough like w/ the new hyrule warriors, I'm gonna miss them and will likely hear about someone's reaction to the thing before the thing itself, which is annoying

at the same time, it does give the announcement its own spotlight rather than in a nintendo direct, certain games would just get overshowed by others, and of course the whole sitting through stuff that you may not have any interest in

I don't know, there's pros and cons to both and I'm not sure what I prefer

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I’m fine with them, but I much prefer directs.

directs are at their best something that keeps piling on the things to be hyped for. Shadow drops for individual games are just kinda lame to me. There’s nothing exciting about just telling people one thing. It makes it seem like it’s just a footnote in your recommended list or feed or whatever. Directs always have a few things here and there that are like that, but the thin gun at the very beginning and end always have this special thing about them. It’s like if Nintendo is saying “yeah, this one specifically is a big deal”

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I definitely don't mind them, and in some ways I think I prefer them to actual announcements well ahead of the game being released. I think the key thing for me that makes them nicer is that it means there isn't as long a waiting period between "game gets announced" and "game is released", with the newest Hyrule Warriors game being a perfect contrast to something like BotW2, where we've been waiting for over a year for more news to get announced about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom