• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you like 'beast' vocals?

You may know this vocal style by another name but i've always known it as beast vocals.

Bands like Arch Enemy do the beast vocals thing which basically sounds like a growling roar. Mostly used in the heavy and death metal genres, these vocals often arent to everyone's taste.

I didnt like them for the longest time but as i got older my music taste got darker in places and there was often a growl here or there and now i'm quite fond of some beast vocal singers. Though there are still some i cant get away with, usually in black metal where its too manic.

Do you like beast vocals or do your singers have to sing 'properly'?

Example

(Also i love you Alissa)

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I don't get it. I mean, sure if that's your thing. But it's not vocals. It's not music. It's not harmonious or composed. It's just noise; someone roaring or screaming nonsensically.

If that's the sort of tone you're into that's great, but it doesn't do it for me. Never was into the endless varieties of metal anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom