• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you let others borrow your games?

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
I make sure who I let borrow my games.
Usually I don't let others borrow my games, but I have a good friend who
I can really trust. He's my "Nintendo Buddy."
Although, he doesn't pay back the favor a lot, but it's fine.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Not after I let my best friend Nick borrow Super Mario World 2 for GameBoy. I loved that game!! I wrote my full name on the back of it, just to make sure if I lost it that it would be returned to me. But he lost it!! I was 7 but I'm still scarred!! Now whenever I see a kid playing Super Mario World 2 on a gb Im like, ''Hey can I um see the back of that game???''

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
lol no. D:

I take lots of pride in taking very good care of my games, and I just wouldn't ever feel comfortable enough to let someone borrow one of mine.

Even if they did take care of it, I could be out 50$ anyway if they simply didn't want to give it back. x.x;

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Not after I let my best friend Nick borrow Super Mario World 2 for GameBoy. I loved that game!! I wrote my full name on the back of it, just to make sure if I lost it that it would be returned to me. But he lost it!! I was 7 but I'm still scarred!! Now whenever I see a kid playing Super Mario World 2 on a gb Im like, ''Hey can I um see the back of that game???''

I know from experience writing your name on the back of carts doesn't work.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I only let people I trust borrow my games, but I don't think I've ever borrowed anyone else's game except in Grade 1, I borrowed Bomberman (or whatever it was called) on the N64 from one of my brother's friends.
Right now, I'm searching for TMC to lend to Sykes, and I have lent some of my old N64 games to another friend, but I can't think of anymore times.

Trentino

Modern Day Warrior
I used to, but not anymore. I let my friend borrow my action replay, (yes I have one, but I don't use cheap codes like unlock everything) bid mistake. I gave it to him in like November, and when did he think to return it, the last day of school! Now I can't remember but either it fell out of his pocket or it didn't work. Either way, $40 wasted!

I used to until two games got returned to me in new cases, without the instructions or inserts or anything.

The worst part was that it was a special CD case, not a normal one. >_<

I basically don't trust my cousins while lending anything to them. I probably would let people borrow from me in general, but probably not unless I knew them well.

Ouch, that really sucks, Mike. >_<

Sometimes I let other people play my games. (As in let my friends play, not borrow them.)
I've never lost a game, except that I almost lost my Super Mario World 2 game.
But since that was just in some day-care thingy (from my school; it sucked) where it took place, I guess it really doesn't count.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
In the 80's and 90's, back when games were cartridges, I was a little more forgiving, but I still wrote my name on the game in permanent marker so the person would remember it wasn't their game. I wouldn't lend the boxes, instructions, or the plastic cases NES and SNES games had to protect them though. Those never seemed to come back to me.

I got fed up of people having to be constantly reminded that I wanted my games back, so I stopped lending them out. The last game I ever let someone borrow was the original Warcraft game (not World Of, just "Warcraft".) I never got it back.

I also became less excited about lending Nintendo games when they switched over to CDs. I am a stickler for things being kept nice, and some friends treat CDs almost as if they were coasters. I always put my CDs back in their cases when they're not in use, but some people I knew in high school would toss them on a side table loose to switch games. This wasn't acceptable by any means!

So, mainly because I'm a bit too tightly wound about how I like to keep things neat and in good condition, plus how I don't like things going missing, I think lending games won't be ever happening again.

I'll only let one person borrow my games because she lives about ten minutes away.

Others I won't let them borrow anything due to how ******** they are. You give the game case/disc to them, and it comes back freakishly bent or scratched. For me that is. I don't give out anything anymore. Books, DVDs, Games... x-x You're not the only one that's like that.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well I have never lent a game to anyone. Although once I gave my copy of pokemon ruby to my little sister to pass down the torch of gaming through my family. But that's different. I gave it to her to keep of my own free will and she didn't even ask. She still has it and I gave it to her in like 2003 or something like that. I'll bet she has some pretty big sentimental value to it. But anyways I don't lend people my games because 1. they rarely ask (in fact it hasn't happened in years). 2. My budget hates me and I can barely afford two games. 3. I'm kinda paranoid. I don't like to let people borrow my games. In fact once in 2nd grade my friend had asked to borrow a game and I lent it to him. I never saw it again.

I used to let friends borrow games. I remember when I let one of my friends borrow my Limited Edition Halo 2 game. The disc, as well as the case, came back scratched to hell. Ever since then, I've only let my "best friend" borrow games, trade for a while, etc.

It all just leads to bad things, really... Unless of course your friend takes care of your stuff like it's his own.

Even family tends to let me down sometimes. I let my sister borrow Ghost Recon for the X360 and it came back scratched. It was so messed up that I couldn't even play the game past the first mission!

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
My brother used to lend N64 games to his friends... Only half come back! :P

My friend lended me some N64... I can't remember if I gave it back to him or not! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom