• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you leave your discs/cartridges in your consoles?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Most of my gaming is done on my PC, where all of them are digital.

The only physical releases of games that I have are Switch cartridges, and games for the Xbox 360, purely for some Ninja Gaiden II action.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I leave discs in my consoles far more than I should. I've moved twice since the last time I played my gamecube and its had the same disc inside throughout all of that, which likely isn't good for the disc but I'm lazy.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I usually leave discs or cartridges in the console even if I'm not playing the game, but plan to play it later. With discs in particular, I'd rather leave it in the console than take it out, put it in it's case, and then take it out of the case and back into the console numerous times in a day; I feel like it has more potential to get damaged this way than if I leave it in the console. Now, if I'm transporting the console, I'll definitely take the disc out.

Ninja

Well well well
Yes, I’m way too lazy to take them out, especially if it’s a game I plan on spending time with.

Actually lol, I only change them out when it’s time to put a new game in.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I always leave cartridges in, but for discs it varies. If I'm making ongoing progress in a game then I won't take it out even if I'm done playing for the night, but if I'm not playing anything then I'll make sure there's no discs in my console.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'll leave discs in my consoles, but I'll remove them if I'm going to move the console around more than lifting it to dust underneath. Never wise to let the disc jiggle around while you're moving from dorm to dorm or whatever. That's a good way to destroy discs.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
yeah, unless i'm moving it

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Yeah, unless I'm moving, in which case, I remove them.

That said, I do most of my gaming on my PC, and the games are digital versions, so I usually don't worry about discs all that much.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I used to leave them inside. But one day, I invited my friend to play brawl. We turned the house upside down looking for the disc. We finally gave up and, I said let's play some Mario kart then. When I turned on the console, to insert Mariokart disc, the damn brawl disc was inside.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I always leave them in until I want to change the game honestly. Haven't had any issue so far. One thing that always annoyed me though is when a family member would take a game out of the console and put it in a different case to which it belonged.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I usually leave them in, especially since with disks I am going to play it soon so it's convenient. With carts I leave them to protect that part of the console from dust since before the switch that area was always exposed.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I always leave the cartridge in a handheld, otherwise I'd be concerned about dust, or even accidentally putting too much pressure in the empty slot.

For consoles, I don't like to leave games in, even if I know I'm likely to return to the same game soon. I try to take as much care as possible and put them back in the cover after each use, where they're less likely to be damaged. It's not a hassle at all for me personally. When it comes to the NES, I don't leave the cartridges in either, because I know the pins damage easily, and I don't play it often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom