• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you leave your discs/cartridges in your consoles?

Are you the kind of person to leave discs and cartridges in your consoles between play sessions?

I'm personally fine with leaving cartridges in my consoles such as the 3DS and Switch, but I really don't like leaving discs in the likes of my Playstation consoles.

I've known people to lose discs that come loose inside the consoles, especially if the consoles are moved and getting them out sounds like a trial and dangerous for the disc and console.

But are you the type to leave them in there?

Yep, Chances are I'm gonna be playing that game again soon enough.

During transportation I might remove them but generally leave whatever I'm playing in all the time for convenience.

MW7

I leave cartridges in and take discs out. For example wherever my Super Nintendo is, Donkey Kong Country 2 has been in the console for years because it's the only game not on the SNES Classic that I want to play. My Wii U on the other hand is always empty unless I'm playing a game.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I usually leave my games in the cartridge slot or disc drive because it's more convenient and I see no reason to take them out unless I'm playing something different.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I generally remove discs unless I'm going to play them again that same day.

I generally tend to remove cartridges when I put away game consoles that you hook up to the television.

I almost always have a game inside my handheld systems, even when I'm not planning to use them soon.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I always leave the games in, it’s way more convenient and I’ve never had a game get damaged or heard of it happening.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
if I'm actively playing a game then of course, but for my "inactive" consoles, typically no
my 3ds and GBA are exceptions in that I always have something in them, but everything else I leave empty, not sure why that is now that I think about it, it's just something I do

Back in the day never for carts.
These days I do leave the cart in the Switch. Because they are nothing like old school carts and are ok being there for a long time.
Discs? Never. I don't even like them in there while I am playing the game. Such fragile things, so prone to scratching.

Surely the disc is more likely to get scratched taking it in/out of the case, touching it, and then taking it out of the system than it would be if it remained untouched in the drive.
More likely? Maybe? But likely? Sure it's likely to get scratched by all that too. That's why I prefer carts over discs. Discs need to just go away, for many many reasons, not just their fragility. For tech reasons too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom