• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you keep your computer organised?

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
My laptop is pretty organized, with my desktop having the minimum amount of shortcuts, each file being in an appropriate folder and minimizing the amount of files on my laptop by storing any old and unused ones on an external HDD. Though admittedly it's not as clean as it could be since I haven't kept it as organized as I once did.

I'm (still) in a temporary computer situation right now thanks to the quarantine preventing me from doing some proper browsing for a replacement computer, and my dad being in the way of me doing online shopping on my own. As such I've been working entirely off external drives so not to get this laptop (that is designated for the music library) all cluttered as I use it for personal use. I've been saving most things to a folder I've intended for that purpose, but it's not particularly organized apart from that. Some subfolders to help me though.

My other computer is not as organized as I would like it as I've changed my organization systems a few times since I got it in 2013 and it was too much work that I never really got around to working through existing documents to resort them. I would hope for my new computer to be cleaner in that regard, though, yeah. Especially because for awhile in like 2014, I had this habit of naming my art projects random keymashes and I have no idea what they are without opening them, haha. I've been using it more lately, and trying to find old projects has proven to be quite a pain.

My desktop has been tidy for a long time. I like icons to my frequent programs, but I keep them in the upper corners so they're not in the way. The small icon size a la Windows XP too.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I try to keep as much stuff off the desktop as possible, Having a Mac I try to keep my essential applications in the dock, but if I have any documents, projects or files I use USB Keys or External Hard Drives as much as possible to store stuff. So basically my desktop remains sleek and free of clutter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom