• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you keep your computer organised?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well? Do you? Do you keep everything organised in folders or do you save everything anywhere on the pc/tablet/phone/laptop? And do you have many shortcuts on your desktop or only the important ones?
I try to keep my PC organised. I have several folders so I can easily find things back when I need them. Only the most used and important shortcuts are allowed to be on my desktop (next to Jessie and James).

Zachie

Moo
I used to religiously keep my videos organised. But now it just feels like a lot of work when my media server can do it for me lol.

ToonLink64

lamer gamer
I am totally organized, I have sorted everything onto the desktop. in all seriousness, I have folders and stuff, but my desktop is semi-crowded

Ninja

Well well well
I try to keep my desktop neat with minimal icons in it, but folders are a complete mess. So much so that I wouldn’t mind if my computer died and I could start over lol.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My computer (aside from the desktop) is a total mess, gonna need to go through and delete some crap and organise it better. 7 years of not really thinking about where anything belongs has become a problem.

Very organised, almost every file is stored in an appropriate folder on my pc. Most is available in the cloud so files (and folders) are interchangeable via tablet/phone/pc.

I do not use desktop icons at all, so I have an empty desktop.

And for crap management, I regularly uninstall unused programs, run disk clean up, update os/apps, etc.

besides, I also try to keep my mailbox clean. A overcrowded desktop is bad, but it really drives me mad when I see someone with 999+ unread messages in their inbox. Maybe some sort of OCD, I don't know...

In pc that I use on a daily basis I don't store anything thus my pc is as organised as it can ever be. Desktop is empty which is nice so I can admire beautiful desktop background when I power up computer. I like to keep my pc that way. Clean and efficient.
Instead of saving files in my pc, everything is stored in a server running in a closet. Space currently ~25 TB. In the server, everything is organised. It would be chaos if I had not paid attention to the folder structure when I built up the server ~10 years ago.

Last edited:

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Since I rarely see the desktop the only parts I try to keep organized are word docs, pictures to an extend and most importantly my taskbar.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I like being as organized as I can be. I have some icons on my desktop for quick access stuff, but not enough to crowd it in any way. I keep things organized in folders, though I do need to go through and clear out some of the less usefull stuff eventually.

I keep mine totally organized. I have no icons on my desktop, not even the recycle bin. I made shortcuts of all my normal desktop icons, put the shortcuts into a folder and attached the folder the taskbar. As for everything else I have a folder for everything and everything is in its proper folder. For example, I have a main folder on a removable HDD with my name on it and inside that folder are sub-folders for everything else. For example their is a folder labeled videos, and inside the videos folder their is a separate sub-folder for Movies and TV shows. And inside each of those are sub-folders for each genre, comedy, drama etc.. Then inside of the movie genre folders I put each movie belonging to that genre into its own folder with the same name as the movie. As for the TV series I do the same for them except I make a sub-folder inside the TV folder for each series with sub-folders for each season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom