• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Have Your Own Vehicle?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I do! It's still functions quite well considering it's from 1994, and there's only a bit of rust in one palm-sized spot. It passes all of the tests to be legal on the road and my mechanic says it'll run for years to come (which I tend to agree), but I still can't help but feel it's going to fail on me sooner than later.

I've been casually looking for a new car for the past couple of years, but probably won't act just yet. I plan on waiting for the government reimbursement for an old vehicle comes to pass.

Neo

The One
I do have my own car.

It's a 1997 Saturn 4-door sedan.
It's not great, but it gets AMAZING gas mileage. I can get over 200 miles on a tank of 12.2 gallons.

The best part about this car? It has less than 40,000 miles on it. No lie.

I know people with over 30 gallon tanks that barely get over 200 miles!
The one problem with my car is that it's made of fiberglass. If I get hit hard, I'm dead. This means that I have to pay strict attention while driving.
However, my car still runs nicely. I'm glad that it works, y'know?

I just wish that it had a better stereo...

I've had several. First I have a Jeep Cherokee. Once that one met its end, I got another. This one was slightly lifted and completely awesome in the snow and woods. It ended up having problems and sold it. Girlfriend then got a Scion TC, which I hate. Ended up getting a VW GTI which caught on fire a week after buying it ( a couple weeks ago ). I am now deciding between getting a G35 financed or buying my friends Integra outright.

I do have my own car.

It's a 1997 Saturn 4-door sedan.
It's not great, but it gets AMAZING gas mileage. I can get over 200 miles on a tank of 12.2 gallons.

The best part about this car? It has less than 40,000 miles on it. No lie.

I know people with over 30 gallon tanks that barely get over 200 miles!
The one problem with my car is that it's made of fiberglass. If I get hit hard, I'm dead. This means that I have to pay strict attention while driving.
However, my car still runs nicely. I'm glad that it works, y'know?

I just wish that it had a better stereo...

Dude, 200 miles on 12.2 gallons of gas is about 16 miles per gallon. Your Saturn in effect gets as good of gas mileage as a Ford F150 pickup truck. Saturn should be more in the mid to high 20 miles per gallon range I would expect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
I technically own a '94(?) Chevy Chavalier, but it is not in my name yet. Something that is to be worked out in the not too distant future. It needs a battery and a LOT of work.

Lately, though, I've been driving a Dodge Grand Caravan. A few years old. It too needs some work.

I

Ice_IZC

I'm kind of a Toyota guy, nothing real fancy. 4Runners and the like

N

Notorious NATE

My parents have three cars under their title. My dad has an Infiniti 37x, my mom drives a mini-van and I drive a 1995 Jeep Cherokee. It is my main car I use for every day use. I use it to drive to work and to drive to school every day. However, it's more of a temporary thing since I will be moving into college next year so I will not need a vehicle to drive around. I will have the right to use it if I make visits back home, but I won't have to use it around a college campus.

I have three more quarters and a summer left to use this vehicle. It's kind of nice having it around. I use it quite frequently.

Yep. 2006 Ford Focus. It's silver, has a spoiler, and is complete with a Stitch antenna topper and Domokun fuzzy dice. :) I had to get a car that's good on gas because I drive about 35 minutes to school everyday. My parents helped me a lot with the car, but they didn't mind so much since I'm the only kid going to college. So, yeah... you could call me a spoiled brat. :P

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, my parents have a 2006 Honda Odyssey EXL and a 1999 Ford Taurus Show. I'm soon getting my learner's permit, and my dad is soon buying a car, so he's going to give me that beautiful work of art known as the '99 Taurus Show to me. Its a lot better than merely selling it. So, technically, right now, I, myself, don't own a car, but soon, I will.

The only thing wrong with the Taurus is the fact that the air conditioning is broken, locks must be manually activated (push down the tab, not the button) on the right hand side of the vehicle, and it uses premium gas. But, its my future car. I can buy a fan that uses the car battery (or take it in for a checkup), and I can also push down tabs. ;)

Well, my parents have a 2006 Honda Odyssey EXL and a 1999 Ford Taurus Show. I'm soon getting my learner's permit, and my dad is soon buying a car, so he's going to give me that beautiful work of art known as the '99 Taurus Show to me. Its a lot better than merely selling it. So, technically, right now, I, myself, don't own a car, but soon, I will.

The only thing wrong with the Taurus is the fact that the air conditioning is broken, locks must be manually activated (push down the tab, not the button) on the right hand side of the vehicle, and it uses premium gas. But, its my future car. I can buy a fan that uses the car battery (or take it in for a checkup), and I can also push down tabs. ;)

You mean a Taurus SHO? Maybe the a/c just needs a recharge? The compressor was broken on a VW I owned and was able to replace it fairly easily and recharge it with a recharge kit from Walmart. Don't buy a new compressor, they are expensive, go to a junk yard and pull one yourself.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
No, and I really don't even want to drive. I'm just kinda scared to do so... I've been able to get my permit since November, but I haven't even studied for it yet.

If I'm gonna have to learn, I'd rather it be in the summer. I don't want any ice on the road.. >_<

Austin

Austin
I usually drive my stepmother's Prius. And while it wasn't a part of the recall, it's still a piece of crap :cry:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
My dad is giving me his old Toyota (it's a safe one) as soon as I get my license. Only 10 more nighttime hours before I can take my test. He can't wait to give me that car so he can go buy himself a new one.

I for one can't drive for at least another year and a half. Almost two years in the driving laws here in Ohio are changed to 16 1/2 instead of 16. Another downer is that I am one of the youngest kids in my grade so I won't be driving when everyone else is. My parents said that once my sister goes away to college I get "the privilege to drive" the Mazda until I go to college. *sigh* What a good day that will be.

Steve

5/19/13
The only car I actually own is a 1970 Chevrolet Camaro, however I can't really drive around in the winter, so I use my father's truck to get around then. I'm personally not a huge fan of driving, but I do need it to get to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom