• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you have time for long games nowadays?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Sometimes, life is busy, and there's a lot to keep track of.

You often hear people say "I don't have time for 50 hour games anymore, I just wanna chill with a short multiplayer match."

Also, life can be slow, dreary, and at those times, nothing beats just sinking yourself down into a world and immerse yourself for days on end.

Do you have time for long games? (RPG's for example) Do you enjoy them? Do you often prefer to binge them excessively, or do you like to pad them out over a long period of time?

Or do you veer towards shorter, more condensed experiences? (multiplayer games, or an indie/AA game).

My life is never stable so yes and no.

Although if the game is long yet brilliant, like Tales Of Xillia, even if I'm working I'll find a routine where I can play a couple of hours a day to see it through.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I still have time for longer games, though if I play them then basically I know I'll be playing them for at least a couple of weeks. I still enjoy them, though I have learned to appreciate shorter games a lot more, since it's definitely nicer to be able to just play and beat a game in a couple of days rather than have to grind away at it for several days.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't really, no. Any long games I get into in the last couple of years are generally ones which I am going to take quite a while to finish and get inevitably dumped on the "oh I'll finish that one day" pile.

MW7

I made a career change about a year ago and have by far the most amount of free time in my adult life that I've ever had. I think having been tight on time in the past has made me more selective though because for about 5 years there were instances in which I had to stop playing a game in the middle of a playthrough. For example I haven't gone back to Elder Scrolls games because I could beat 10 other games in the same amount of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom