• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Have Fans?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Sometimes, I think about how I would like to one day create something (or have something I've already created) "get known," or to have my works become legitimate published works someday and to have them become popular enough to garner a fanbase.

And I mean, a geeky fanbase that does all kinds of creative things based on my work, much like how I am (among many others) in doing fanworks of the things that I like. I think it would be nice to have something like that and to know about it, even if only marginally. (Although, with my own fanworks, I hope the original creators never actually see them. I met book author Peter S. Beagle once and took care *not* to tell him about that one "The Last Unicorn" fanfic I wrote because I was embarassed by it). Still, I think fandom is fun, especially when people more talented than I am are involved in it and I think it would be awesome to have geeky, creative fans one day.

Then, I remember, I actually already do. I'm quite lucky in that respect. I haven't yet had anything professionally published, yet, once in a while, someone likes something of mine enough to get ideas from it. I have gotten outright fanart for some of writing.

In fact, my current laptop desktop image is of one of my main characters from a novel I've written that the artist read part of on one of my websites.

So, any other creative people have this kind of thing happen to them?

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I have several fans of my photography, but they are all people that I know personally!

I think that it would be kind of weird to have people becoming so obsessed with something I created that they would go to conventions and dress up for it. If I had the opportunity to go to say RingCon (LOTR) I probably would have dressed up. But thinking of people doing that for something I created, that would be weird to me!

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
Well i remember something on a other forum, i was the second best of artists over their, or that's what the members saying. Back to 2005 i was nothing against the others, more like a sort of amateur in artwork, yes this is about artwork. In 2008 i become more famous and was really improved. I don't know if they where joking but they started to say ''Can i become your fan? o_O'' It makes me really happy when people are saying that. Even the better artists are loving my artwork. Well i'm not the best in drawing, their are plenty more people who can draw hundred times better than me. Anyway having fans doesn't mean you shall not meet with the jealous people... I remember some people are blaming it and called it ugly and all, after that i heard they are just so jealous because i can draw better than them.

I don't need really much fans anyway, all the people i know in real life are calling me talented too, but i only draw to fill my freetime and because i love to draw plenty of Wolves and other stuff.

Long ago i was also a Fanfiction writer. some people liked it but Writing was not mine business and stopped not a long time after the start, i remember some people were disappointed, i only think they didn't like it so much as the best fiction writer their.
Anyway i don't ever want to be the best around, would be nice but it's not my goal in life. I just draw for fun not because it want to be the famoust artist who ever lived. other hand i doesn't have enough time to improve more. But i really got some fans around me only for artwork.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Fans eh?

In Real Life? Yes, During High School, I was the Biggets guy around, everyone knows mw very well and i help anyone i can during that time.

In the Internet? before, i was known as "Mr. HotLoot"

I made a forum about pokemon for Filipino Players only, i was the guy who had all the pokemon that the member's of my forum wanted. i gladly traded them my pokemon for theirs

Currenty, my Forum has disbanded since i am in COllege now. i passed the Mantle of Fame to my Co-Webmaster.

there ya have it XD

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I don't know if I should be happy or scared about it, but there is a ZD social group here called 'The Smitie is awesome fanclub'.....I'm not joking. So, I guess I'm quite popular here

Other than that I don't have other fans. Maybe some people like my zelda art very much, but I never got any emails or something like that. I don't mind though, the ZD social group is more than enough fandom for me ;)

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Well about 3 years ago now, me and a group of my friends decided to film some stuff. Little videos revolving around our sense of humour, mostly Jackass style videos though. We had a name, I won't say it here, but we often shortened it to DD. We ended up getting a bunch of views on youtube, we've had scouts interested in showing us on TV, some guy paid us to do specific videos which he said will eventually become a DVD (that's still in the process) and we were actually seeked out and asked to enter a competition in which the winners (best stunts people) would be entered into a new TV show called Jackass Juniors or Junior Jackass. We were knocked out in the semi-finals though and i never saw any mention of this film ever being made though lol.

There was also, at one point a couple of groups of people posting videos that would say things in the descriptions like 'Stunts like Jackass, Dirty Sanchez and DD.' We also inspired a fair few people here, where we live to start doing similar things. Eventually though, we split apart from those 'original' members, either they didn't want to do it anymore, or maybe we'd fall out. Me and my best friend still do it though. We are now calls Savage Stunts, but we arent as popular as we once were.

You can watch some of our videos here: http://www.bragster.com/users/308877-savagestunts.I have to give a mature content warning though, there's some swearing and once or twice (out of 100 videos) a bit of nudity.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
The fanart I mentioned was for this: http://www.shadsie.com/MBSite/MBindex.html That's my website promoting a novel I've written. I have a few chapters online there.

The fan art I received was this piece by Abo of my gryphon-character: http://aglarmsfactory.deviantart.com/art/Shadsie-s-Malarkey-111282514 Which is now my laptop desktop image, possibly to be kept as such until the end of time because I loved this piece so much. I was walking on sunshine when she showed it to me and am still extremely honored. This wasn't a birthday or holiday present... she's not even a particularly *close* online friend of mine, she just did this out of the blue because she'd read a bit and liked what she read. I met her in Trigun fandom, but she has some awesome Zelda art, too - you folks should check out her DA page there.

I treated Abo by sending her the rest of my novel (the stuff that isn't onilne), which is a sign of trust, and also because I sorely need critique. I hardly ever see her online anymore, though, and she's quite busy, so I don't know if she's been able to read the rest.

I've had a few other people do stuff like that for me - mostly, I recall, for another novel I had parts of online for a while (but that one I've since scrapped on the grounds of being too cliche/having its own problems).

B

Badwolf47

I don't Have fans for my tribal mask I made.. I wish I did though... See it was I think suppose to be a mayan mask but it didn't win the Art show so... I totally wish that the art was really great to be put in the Art Musem In Chicago! God I am mad about that!

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Well, I don't have any fans...at least none that I know of. :hmm:

I may have a few fans from what little fanfiction and fanart I've made, but I'm not quite sure. No one's actually come out and said that they are a fan of mine. :D

As for original stuff, well, not really. The main reason why is because no one has actually seen my original stuff. I'm paranoid about the fact that I don't want anyone to steal it and claim it as their own. So yeah... That and plus I haven't really started writing and/or doing anything about it until recently. :xd: (I've been trying to work out the kinks in it.)

But when the day comes that I actually get a fan or even fanart made about my stuff, like in Shadsie's case, I will be in heaven. :D Figuratively speaking of course. :P

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
I have over 100 YouTube subscribers to my original content (no AMVs, no gameplay videos, no LPs, no anime, no shows; all footage is from me). Some of you guys are part of that group, and I thank you greatly for your support! :)

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
No, but I am a fan of things. :P
But back in High School, I was in Drama and in a movie for a class project, so after the school saw those, I was quite popular for a little while (as in a couple of days).

But other than that, I have not done any noteworthy to get attention. :awkward:

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I thought some more on this. On my deviantart, I have several people who watch my photos and I don't know them at all. So, I suppose that counts.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
You know, I didn't think I did until the other day in a chatroom, somebody asked me if I was the artist they were thinking I was. They were like, "Are you the one who knows so-and-so and this-person and that-person?" and when I said yes, they were just... really excited. Told me they loved my art and they had watched my work progress over the years.

Soo... I guess I have two or three fans out there, but even just one is great. :>

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I don't know if I should be happy or scared about it, but there is a ZD social group here called 'The Smitie is awesome fanclub'.....I'm not joking. So, I guess I'm quite popular here

Other than that I don't have other fans. Maybe some people like my zelda art very much, but I never got any emails or something like that. I don't mind though, the ZD social group is more than enough fandom for me ;)

You should be afraid Smitie. VERY AFRAID!:lol:

Fans? Well, I and a couple of my friends made some amateur Comedy Videos, they were a hit at the time, but that was just around school.:P
In the end we decided not to ut those videos on Youtube, which is a shame really!

So in a way, I did have some fans, but mostly just people from school.
Now, i'm just known for my Imaginative Creations, which have become a hit around my school! New fanbase, Here I come!

(Upon reading this thread, i've decided to restart my videos!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom