• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you have any fond memories of a game or console that you owned or played?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Whether or not those memories are from when you were younger, older, or at any time in your life, most of us have fond memories of playing a certain game or console that have stayed with us even today.

For me personally, one of the most positive memories I have is of playing Mario Kart: Double Dash on the GameCube when I was very young. Even playing on my own was such a happy time for me and I still think back to those times on occasion. Those experiences as a kid are why I hold such sentimental attachment to the GC as well.

More recently, there was a period of time late last year where my mother was experiencing some medical issues that were very stressful on her (and there was nothing I could really do to help her), and I had happened to get BotW and play through it for the first time. Thankfully, she was able to get past those issues and is even healthier now than she was then. But I still remember how much BotW helped to pull me away from reality to focus on something else.

So, do you have any memories like that?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I have a lot of fonds memories of different games that I played on different consoles. The first is Majora's Mask as I played it on the Nintendo 64, it helped me through a rough time.

I have a lot of nostalgia for the GameCube and it's library, and the stand out game that I always think of is Super Smash Bros. Melee, it reminds me of the first friends I made and our attempts to rally more people together to create a decently sized tournament mode after school.

A lot of games and a few consoles.

The first two Zelda games got me through a lot of abuse in my younger years, so I have a lot to thank those for. They gave me comfort and took me from the place I was into a world that was interesting and safe.

As for more fun and recent times, Super Mario Odyssey is a good one to mention. It's weird to think of a game as one of your favourite ever even while you're playing it for the first time, but Odyssey was like that for me.

Like The Wind Waker, Odyssey made me so happy, it made me smile from beginning to end at a time where I thought I'd lost the ability to be so happy.

It makes me happy that I bought a Switch if only to experience Odyssey.

A damn, Jump Up Superstar is an amazing track.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I too have a lot of fond memories associated with various games and consoles from my childhood.

I remember spending countless days and nights getting up early and going to bed late to play Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 for as much as I could for quite a while with my brother and friends. We also played the hell out of Diddy Kong Racing together.

On the SNES I have the same kind of general memories but with Donkey Kong Country 2 and Super Mario World. Back at a time when we didn’t have access to the internet easily it was so much fun to always be searching for and finding new hidden secrets.

A bit later on I actually spent quite a lot of time on Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros Wii with my younger siblings which is a very fond memory for me too.

Pokémon Diamond is probably the game I spent the most hours on out of any game, I remember coming home from school to play and forgetting about my troubles. Around the time I was playing this game we were just getting Wifi at my house too so that was a very exciting time for me to be able to get into gaming with people online.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
much too much, let me pull a few random ones

I have a big fondness for Twilight Princess as the first time I saw it was behind the glass display at Sears, had no idea this game existed [granted it had to have been fairly new], but I wanted it like crazy since it was a zelda game that had an adult Link, which was something I wanted to play at the time since I only had Wind Waker, and when I finally did get it around a week or so later, it was so surreal to play a brand new 3d zelda game, I remember at the moment thinking how it ties in to Wind Waker story wise, ha
this was the GameCube one too, I didn't know there was a Wii version until at least a year later

Star Wars Battlefront 2 for PS2 is a notable game for me as it was the first game I ever played online, my brothers did all the set up though so I didn't get any of it, all I know was how freaking fun it was, I'd also go back to the previous battlefront to check out that online, but I was mainly on Battlefront 2

also when my friend and I played the gba Four Swords in 12th grade, it took us a little under two weeks to get through it but it was a blast, how dumb we must looked in the corner of the band room w/ our gba's and link cable

Oh, man, way too many.

I think one of my earliest gaming revelations was finally learning that you could jump down and cut the spider web in Inside the Deku Tree. My brothers and I didn't know that for an embarrassingly long time. Once the world of Ocarina of Time opened up after beating that dungeon, it was an amazing experience.

Speaking of Mario Kart: Double Dash in the OP, I also have found memories of grinding the All Cup Tour in that game with my younger brother. It was brutal. Once you get to Rainbow Road, you are exhausted.

Star Wars Battlefront II is another game I have some really fond memories with. I especially loved playing Heroes & Villains on Mos Eisley. I still boot it up for some of that classic action. It is addicting.

Lastly, Halo 3 is definitely the game I played online most during my childhood. There were many nights spent swearing at snipers. I have way too many fond memories of playing with my friends, with my brothers, and with my brothers' friends. Such a good time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom