• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Have Any Fears? :O

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I've been thinking alot lately about how awesome SS will be, Actually I've been thinking about that the whole time. But this week I've started to worry.
What if SS fails to live up to it's expectations, What if the hype is too big?
Let me explain...

I remember when I was 6 years old watching the original trilogy of Star Wars.. I loved it. Then I found out that there were a set of ''newer'' movies, And that they were supposed to be better and more awesome. I watched them and didn't like them as much as the originals. When I watched them more and more and as I got older I found mistakes, contradictions and plot-holes.

So what If this happens in SS?
What If the game is awesome at first, But when over time we start to hate the game for somehow ''ruining'' the back-story of OoT.
Majora's Mask turned out fine, But It didn't touch on the story of OoT it was more it's own thing. As for the other games none of them really were that much connected to OoT like SS will be.

Now my question being, Is it just me that has these fears?
Do you guys have these fears, or any fears over the game in general? :huh:

My last fear is definitely that the game will be "too big" if that's possible. Not in the sense of too much content, but in the sense of so much to do that it's almost over-whelming. Seeing that it'll probably be quite difficult as lead on by many who have played the start of the game, seeing 11 dungeons in front of me each getting harder sort of discourages me from playing, but at the same time it is exciting being a new game and all. That's my biggest fear, it's not really a huge problem that would in any way stop me from enjoying it as I'm sure everyone else will, it's just a little something that concerns me personally (I'm not very bright in the whole puzzle solving area).

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I am, as well, afraid that it may not live up to its hype. There are many times when you lead something up to be great, but it turns out not to be what you expected. It could still be an amazing game, but if we believe it will be better, comparing it will only make the game seem worse.

I doubt it will ruin the backstory for Ocarina of Time. Most fans expect that this game will connect the entire series, and suddenly everything will make sense. Fortunately, this is not so. It's only confirmed to tell the forging of the Master Sword, and I'm sure some information of Hyrule and the Triforce will be there. However, I don't think that suddenly we'll all know exactly the order of the games, the origin of many other items, etc. We have two games we expect coming after Skyward Sword (and any others after that), so I doubt too much of the story will be spoiled in this game. Whether or not the future games take place in between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time, I'm sure the game designers still will leave much of the backstory for Ocarina of Time unexplained, so they can put more games in there. Plus, based on the story we know for the game, it will be hard to ruin the Ocarina of Time's backstory.

Remaining concerns in order of what I believe is most probably:

-Skyloft the only populated area in the Sky.
-No massive islands in the Sky.
-Not so big Sky.
-No towns in the land below.
-Only 3 provinces and 4 or 5 dungeons (counting finale and sub-dungeons out). If it was 4 provinces with 4 dungeons would be ok, but a dungeon sharing a province with other would dramatically decrease the game diversity.
-Backtrack overused to compensate the lack of different areas.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Remaining concerns in order of what I believe is most probably:

-Skyloft the only populated area in the Sky.

Could be a problem, But If the sky is a small place then I would be fine with just Skyloft.

-No massive islands in the Sky.

Yup, This was seen in WW :(

-Not so big Sky.

I don't want it to be too small but I don't want the size of WW's great sea either. :rolleyes:

-No towns in the land below.

Could be a major problem since this game is focused on upgrading and resupplying. Returning to skyloft every single time for a potion could get old very quick.

-Only 3 provinces and 4 or 5 dungeons (counting finale and sub-dungeons out). If it was 4 provinces with 4 dungeons would be ok, but a dungeon sharing a province with other would dramatically decrease the game diversity.

I wouldn't be bright about the diea of having three dungeons in one province.. It could work if one of them is in another dimension or world.. maybe a portal (like the temple of time in TP.. but that dungeon was pointless)

-Backtrack overused to compensate the lack of different areas.

I also agree with your last point, Backtracking to make the game bigger will just make the game boring. It could work if it's done right, If they make it like in OoT where you hop into the future and everything you saved has been destroyed.

But all-in-all the most important part is to have a good reason for doing things in SS.. I never understood why Link went into the temple of time?
Why recover the dominion rod when it would become useless later on. It was one of those dungeons that felt rushed and pointless.

But still I'm dying to play this game ;)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There are towns below?! :O

My remaining fears are:

- No diversity in Tunics (I do NOT want to be able to use only the green tunic!)
- No increasing Sword Strength; it is known SS will have RPG elements but to what extent?
- No sword wielding enemies alike that of Link himself (Ghirahim doesn't use the same battle stances and style as Link does)
- Backtracking being prevalent
- Fanbase acting as if SS is revolutionary
- Me not playing this game!

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I'm a bit worried the item pouch system will get annoying. I don't want to return to Skyloft to get my Slingshot or whatever too often ;)

The only thing that I fear might happen is that the Wii Motion Plus controls won't work well for me. I have a really small TV, so that might be a problem.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
My only fear is if they don't fix the hideous looking trees. They look worse than the ones in Spirit Tracks.

S

Skyward_ Sword

FEAR NO MORE!

:)I did have a little fear that the game wont live up to its expectations but after all the things i have seen and heard i am more sure that this game will be amzing like it is supposed to be.

I think the game will live up to the hype. I think my main fear would be if the motion controls don't work right but other than that I don't have any fears about the game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom