• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Do you have any BotW rituals?

In previous Zelda games i wouldnt switch a cleared save file off until i'd warped back to the beginning area of the game, i just liked opening up my save to a friendly and familiar place rather than somewhere random in the world.

With BotW i save in
Link's house in Hateno

But i also make it a mission to warp to Shee Vaneer shrine every night so i can catch star fragments.

I do these everytime i pick up and play and before i switch off. Of course if i'm busy and need to leave i'll save where i stand, but otherwise i'll always do my thing.

Do you guys have any rituals that you do at some point when you play?

I haven't played lately, but when I did I almost always saved at the same spot you saved.
The last time I played I saved in the shrine of resurrection so whenever I decide to pick the game up again I start in familiar territory.
I also loved saving in Rito Village simply because of the music. It was very cool starting a new day in the game and hearing that song. I loved it.

Ninja

Well well well
I always carry the Masters Sword and Hylian Shield for initiating combat.

I always ensure to visit Tarrey Town at least once per playthrough, to listen to the music and remind myself that WE BUILT THAT MF!

I tend to save atop a tower every time... that way when I go back to the game I have a good vantage point to pick my next destination from when I return to the game.

Pen

The game is on!
As for saving spots, I tend to save in Kakariko Village in front of Impa's house most of the time.

I also use my Paraglider whenever I can, even if it's ridiculously short distances.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I save in the same as you as well. When travelling around I make sure to wear the champions tunic and only switch out weather permitting or a tough fight.

I spend about 15 minutes scaning in all of the LoZ amiibo every play session. I don't really use the ingredients, but I do have more royal shields than I know what to do with.

I also only wear the shirt and pants of the stealth set and Sheik's hood. So I can catch bugs and sneak up on things easier. I only swap out when the game requires me to or when I am fighting something tough like a lynel.
I don't like the 3 piece stealth set bonus. Running faster is so very anti stealth like.

In my first file, I always stop by the coliseum at some point when I play. I don't fight anything while I'm there; I just chill. I'm fond of the lynel that lives there because he's my castle-storming buddy. I also check up on him because even though I've only done two divine beasts, sometimes I worry one day I'll return to the coliseum to see him be silver.

I also usually save in Link's house, but not always. Depends on what I'm doing. In the late game where most of my playtime is just unwinding, yeah that's pretty likely where I'll save and quit.

Another ritual I guess is that in all of my playthroughs, I try not to wear the same main clothing set and I experiment with different dye colors for the articles that I actually do dye. The exception is the Gerudo set and I always dye the veil and top purple, and the sirwal white.

Also, If I'm not in combat or anticipating combat, I unequip all my weapons. I also don't use shields at all, and never have them equipped, unless I'm in the castle and don't wish to deal with guardian turrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom