• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you have a long or a short fuse?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Do you easily get angry? Or are you the very essence of the word calm?

I've got a very long fuse, but also a very big bomb at the end of it. I rarely get angry, and it's difficult to get me angry too, but when I do you'll want to stay away!
I'm generally very calm and patient, but if I've gotten angry for real, I get really mad and scary.

I'd probably compare myself to Treebeard from LotR. Very tall and lumbering (pun definitely intended!), a bit slow in thought and perhaps a bit absent-minded, but very patient and calm when it comes to most things. But when Saruman burns and chops down my friends....... Oh he ded!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I have a pretty long one. The problem is just that it doesn't reset itself when I'm out of the stressful situation. I just let it burn, bit by bit, until my long fuse has become short. Though even when it finally goes off I don't tend to do much more than yell at someone and lock myself in my room to sulk.
The picture of mental health, I assure you.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I’m a very emotional and sensitive person so my answer is similar to @Satan’s. A few touchy subjects that can easily set me off, otherwise it’s hard to get me MAD mad and I’m more likely to get a little upset or hurt first.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Oh, super long. Maybe too long. Sometimes I’ve been in situations where I wonder I would’ve been better off raising my voice a bit

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
For me it kind of depends where I am and who I’m with. In general I’m a pretty calm person when my ADHD doesn’t have me bouncing everywhere, but I have far less tolerance for my family than I do for the guys I work with and am less likely to get properly angry at work than I am at home. People at work always say they’d like to see me angry because they can’t imagine what I’d be like.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Honestly it depends on the situation. I can have all the patience in the world for say, a kid giving me grief. Like today I had to physically restrain a kid to prevent him from chasing around students trying to hit them for about 5 minutes straight and I kept my cool the entire time. But if the Wi-Fi isn't working like it should be, I get angry fast. IT SAYS CONNECTED SO ****ING ACT LIKE IT!!! So yeah, it depends on the situation.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I don’t get angry with anyone really. I just don’t see the point. I will get my feelings hurt easily, probably because I always have this fear deep inside me that no one likes me, or I am not good enough. But I love all of you and I try to be the nicest I can be. <3

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
when it comes to my little brother, there is no fuse, I'm just mad at him for being here
in general, middle of the road I guess? I don't get set off often but just here and there, sad upset is more likely though

Ninja

Well well well
I have a ton of patience, however I get irritated very quickly if someone is outright insulting me just to be a prick.

Sometimes a guest is like that at work and my friends tell me how they could see my ears and face get red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom