• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Have a Favourite Pen?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Nowadays people are writing less than ever with the wide availability of tech but for those of us who do still do some physical writing do you have a favourite pen?

Personally, I really love to use Stabilo Point 88 pens. They're super comfortable to write with, they have vivid colour on the page, and they feel really nice for writing Kanji compared to regular ballpoint pens. Highly recommend.

resize

(This is not a sponsored post and I am not a bot I promise...)

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I love the Fisher Space Pen. I like their relatively retro design and the fact that they work in very extreme environments, mine is based upon the model used by the astronauts of Apollo 11. I even remember using it senior year of high school and a classmate of mine asked me if that was a Fisher Space Pen, of course I had to say to him that it was.

Last edited:
Oh I thought you meant like a lucky pen, for a second...

For a general type of pen, I like Sharpie pens. They're like normal fine tip Sharpie markers, but made to function more as a pen, with a more pen-like tip and without the bleed. They also double well for art purposes, so I have one designated with my art stuff. Fine and medium point are fine, I'm not particularly picky about my pen tips, so long as they write smoothly.

For pencils, I like standard Bic .9mm mechanical pencils. Been with my school supplies since middle school and I also use them for art. I don't really have a reason for liking .9mm lead except when I first learned it was a thing as a kid, I thought it was extremely novel, and therefore it was cool.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Depends on what I plan to do with the pen. If I'm just writing any pen that is readily available is fine and I've always kind of had that mindset, so I never formed a "favorite" kind of pen.

If I'm drawing though I would prefer any fine point pen that gives me good control.

At work we have these colorful fine point pens that also have a marker on one end, and I have to resist the urge to just go crazy doing art, lol.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I found one of those 4 color pens when I was working at Lowe's and all 4 colors work, even now like 4 years later. I don't have an issue finding a pen where I work now so it stays in my purse for use outside of work instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom