• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Have a Creative Fuel?

By that I mean is there something that inspires your creativity? A certain type of music, movies and video games, certain seasons where your creativity is at its peak. I know there are a lot of creative members here on ZD who draw, paint or write, so I was wondering what you do when these talents are on fire?

For example when I feel the need to paint or write I usually have my door locked, on a good night I'll have a candle lit, some music playing on my iPod. I find that certain music sometimes guides my hand when I'm drawing.
My overall inspiration to get myself painting as actually, The Legend of Zelda series. I can give it that credit for inspiring me to create stories and certain visuals in my paintings.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I use music and my emotions as an inspiration. When I feel quite down, I draw a person who's sad. That always makes me feel better on any situation. Music also always inspires me, I could always vision the thing that I wanted to draw so I could draw it easily. Also for when I see somebody's other creation, I felt like I wanted to continue that person's creation.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
When i see game art or some of my favorite artists I have the urge to draw, though I really haven't but have wanted to, I'm just lazy and not good. I think I'm at my peak in the summer or fall time though.

Haha, the winter time is when I play Final Fantasy, I don't know why.

bunny

birb overlord
Music is definitely my biggest creative inspiration. When I listen to an emotional song, I immediately feel like drawing something to portray how it makes me feel. Also, certain scenes from stuff I watch can be inspirational as well. In fact, I just rewatched the Adventure Time episode where Finn and Flame Princess kiss, and now I'm gonna draw some fanart. =p

Seeing others' fanart can also give me the kick I need to get drawing again. That's really the main reason I joined DeviantART.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Music works best for me. I always play music while I'm writing. It doesn't inspire what I write, but the emotion conveyed in the song can help influence my writing. For example, if I'm writing something that's emotional, I'll play music with a similar theme. If I'm writing something action-packed, I'll play music that would suit an action-packed scene. It helps me get into the mood. On top of everything else, though, music helps me shut out the outside world and helps me focus completely on my writing.

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Watching T.V..

Not just any T.V., it has to be something showcasing something unusual,such as "Doctor Who". Comedy, such as "Big Bang Theory" is also acceptable.

Surprisingly enough, having pancakes (not the ZD user) also helps relax me.

Pizza is an acceptable substitute.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Does mental illness count?

Seriously. I really do think that the depression side of my bipolar-ness inspires some of the meloncholy-but-beautiful ideas in my work (particularly my writing) while being in a manic or hypomanic state urges me on to get things done. It's like an itch, a drive, and I know it's not "normal." Also, emotional turmoil in general can be inspiring - I don't think there's much I can do about the injustice in this world, but I can write about it, or incorporate a dark them into a painting to (hopefully) bring peoples' attention to something. I very often internally tell myself when I am angry that screaming or snarking at someone isn't going to do any good, that I should take my anger and use it as FUEL for my creative work.

I actually find it amazing the things I can accomplish from spite.

I also am inspired by nature, interesting experiences, and the creative works of others.

Just remember what I said above. Don't get on my bad side if you don't want someone loosely based on you to appear as a villain in one of my stories.

Silence, its golden, i like to be in my own world without any distractions when i get creative. In my own little world/bubble im free to do what i want creatively, i dont have to do anything to be like something that is popular or 'in' at the present moment. Just make my own stuff in a silence and let it speak to me and let the images in my head run with themselves.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
i use depression, alcohol, and loss of friends as my creative fuel. when my friends disappear and skip town without telling me, and their parents don't know i get angry and ill write music about it. whilst depressed i will write sad songs about my friends, family and my ex-girlfriends.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Nothing is my creative fuel. Whenever I write something or draw something I don't make it happen it just happens.

I'm not really sure that i have any imagination so at times i get stuck when making something. The thing that fuels my creativity when i do decide to do something is music. Not just any music will do, i have to have zelda remixes to do my best.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Pretty much anything inspires me when I need or want to be inspired by someone or something. Music is my biggest inspiration that helps me draw with grace and steadiness. It helps me relax and concentrated on my drawings and drawing skills.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Silence followed by some sort of puzzle like a cryptogram or crossword. Eventually the idea I'm in search of comes into focus.

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
Colors spark my creativity. Not just one or two colors, but it has to be a group of them between 5 - 10. If it's a group of dark colors, I'll think of something in nature that's dark, like a massive storm, and just go from there. Now if it's something like half bright and half dark, my mind will go insane and be all QUICK TIME TO PAINT THE WORLD!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom