• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Have A Best Friend?

Clank

Hmm
I used to have one, but he became interested in other stuff, and thus I haven't seen him for ~a year...thus as far as I know, I do not have a best friend, or ever a IRL friend...

WHy, yes I do. And it's interesting.

I won't disclose her real name, but she is on here(I coaxed her into joining ZD, as well as a lot of other things), bu the username battle_grl. She's been my best friend for years, even though at first sight we're polar opposites. In truth, we're as different as we are alike--she's referred to our friendship as that of "a five-year-old and a twenty-five-year-old". I really am the straight man to her eccentric, compulsive and slightly immature behavior. But we have so much in common--vivid imaginations, a love of art and drawing, roleplaying on a nearly by-the-second basis, Zelda among various other fandoms, we even listen to the same genres of music. I know so few people who listen to my genres, but there she is. I've known her for years, and she's one of few people I will easily open up to socially in real life.

Yes, she is my best friend. I think we mutually trust each other more than anyone else, family included. I feel so honored to have a best friend, an introverted person like me only stumbles on something like what we have very rarely. In that respect as well as many others I am a very, very lucky person.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
As a child, I had a best friend, certainly. As I grew older and switched schools, then graduated and started living life, I have come to the conclusion that I have a lot of best friends, not any one person. I consider Caleb to be my best friend nowadays. I spend the most time with him, and share the most with him. I have one main friend that I spend time with on a fairly regular basis, and I consider her my other best friend. My third best friend is one of my internet buddies. We used to talk everyday, but life has gotten in the way, but we are still close.

I'm happy to have such close friends in my life!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I was severely bullied at school since first grade, then when it was time to move on from primary to secondary school, we were merging classes from three different schools. As it happened, in each of the other two schools there were two other girls who were also going through their own bullying hell. I can't say for sure how it came to be, but someone made the point of choosing which one of the three of us they were going to continue picking on and I was that girl. The other two girls were given the option to be left alone as long as they just stayed away from me. One girl listened, the other girl put herself in the crossfire, befriended me even though it meant adding at least another three years of being targeted by the other students. That girl is my best friend.

I would say we're more like sisters, really (non-related sisters), because there are plenty of things we disagree on, plenty of things in life that we see differently (oh, there are plenty of things we share as well), we both know we can drive each other up the wall from time to time, but we love each other unconditionally, and I absolutely trust her with my life.

I don't hang out with my best friend or even share a lot with him, but I can definitely trust him with my life. I've known him since birth really, and we're really cool with each other. :yes:

This basically sums it up for me. I personally have a friend(female) (whom I have called my "Bestest Buddie") who was born approx. 4 months, 2 weeks, and 5 days after me. When we were little we'd spend countless hours playing board games and stuff. she eventually moved to Georgia(while I spend my days in Alabama[both of our home state]). But none the less I trust her AND her family with my soul.

EDIT: BTW, you guys can call me crazy but me and my bestest buddy are like brother and sister. Plus we'd go through hell for each other.

On a side note: Her parents happens to be my Godparents.

Last edited:

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I used to have two best friends, but one was just using me so she bullied me a lot and the second one left me without saying anything, even a goodbye. I really liked the second friend but its unfortunate that she left me.

Right now I have only one. He's a really nice guy and he's very smart. I met him when I was 9 but on that time, we didn't really knew each other but when we were 11, we got really close since he was left lonely and I cheered him up. We sometimes like to talk about anime together and we would sometimes exchange ideas when we're learning. He's the smart one when in the decent one. He likes to teach me, mostly on Maths and I'll always teach him on English. When I'm down, he'll ask me why am I sad and he'll try to cheer me up. He also likes to make jokes which make me laugh a lot. He's a really cool guy and we like to hang out together in school.

And he's my crush, too. Though he doesn't know it. :embarrassed:

Beeker

Wild Card
I consider my three close friends irl my best friends. Although we've known each other only through high school, it has felt like we've known each other for longer than that. We met through our love of art and videogames which we still have today.They are the people I trust the most,heck even when I'm worried about something I often go to them first! I also consider their families as a second family since they're pretty chill with us teenagers.XD
No matter what we go through(and we've already been through a lot), I'm sure we'll always stay together. c:

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I have a best friend!! She's been my best freind since we were in middle school. it's like Thelma and Louise!! not even kidding! we have the best damn together!!

Skittles

Rainbows!
I have a few best friends...but really, I meant my bestest friend after having gone through a lot of crap in middle school and at a camp we both happened to be at. I'm not sure how exactly it happened, but we just started talking about rather dorky things (like the Lord of the Rings, etc.) and really hit it off after that. In away, she's like my replacement sister, considering that I and my real sister have never been close and are complete opposites, I really needed to have a real best friend when I was fifteen and it hasn't changed since either though now I have a lot of friends at school and online, I use to be a real loner but she helped me get over that. So, I'm really grateful for my BFF...hehe. :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have best friends, not just a best friend -- best friends. Asking me to choose which one is my favorite is equivalent to asking a mother who her favorite child is. She doesn't have one, because she loves all of her children equally.

A mother does have a favourite, she just will not admit it most of the time even to herself. A mother's favourite child is the one she enjoys spending time with most and since children have their own individual personalities there definatley is going to be one she prefers spending time with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom