• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you hate Zombie Apocalypse movies or games?

I usually only like zombie apocalypse games or movies when it's literally making fun or making a comedic jab of the zombie apocalypse genre in general. Like Shawn of the Dead, or Plants vs Zombies. However, there is one DSi download only game, The Lost Town: The Dust, where that breaks that mold for me. It has a quite serious undertone, you can probably beat it in less than 12 hours if you play your cards right. The problem is, it's extremely difficult, but it's literally just an onslaught of zombie waves for seven in game days, until help arrives. To put it in perspective, if you're not careful you can die in two or three shots by the first archer enemy, and considering it's a top-down view game with 360 control options for both you and your enemies, it's pretty difficult. And that's only one out of five ways you can get a game over in that game, I believe. But other than that, most of the zombie apocalypse games I play are usually comedy focused.

I never understood the complaint that zombie/post apocalyptic stories specifically are "oversaturated" like it's somehow detrimental to the concept itself. What isn't oversaturated these days? Sci-fi? Fantasy? Superheroes? FPS? RPGs? Romantic Comedies? The list goes on and on. There's so many ways you can tackle a zombie apocalypse just like there's so many ways to approach any genre.

Speaking on games alone, we have stuff like Resident Evil, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, Days Gone, The Last of Us, Telltale's The Walking Dead, and House of the Dead. Yet, none of these games are even remotely similar and offer completely unique experiences from one another. It's a concept you either like or don't, just like RPGs/J-RPGs which I get tired of seeing flood gaming events because it's not for me, but it's great that people who like that sort of thing have so much of it to choose from.
Because people get tired of it, sooner or later. Right now people are suffering from the glut of comic films. At some point people got tired of western, alien, slasher, comedy and action films. Moderation is key to enjoying cinema too.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
No I don't. To me they add to the list of monsters or creatures already out there and are just like everything else, part of a story or game, a monster/obstacle/enemy that will be conquered in the end be it in a movie, game or story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom