• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Hate Your Name Being Said at the End of a Sentence?

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Seems like a weird thing to complain about if you ask me.

I agree with Azure here: I don't really mind or notice it half the time. But when people do say my name at the end of a sentence it helps differentiate between who they're talking to as I hate it when I respond to something and it turns out they were never even talking to me.

It bothers me too, especially when it's a one on one conversation. Except for those short sentences like "Hey [name]." Those don't bother me.

But what really bothers me when they use my name constantly throughout the conversation.
"You know, [name], blah blah blah. Don't you agree, [name]? Blah blah blah [name] blah blah blah [name]..."

It's as if they think I forgot my own name or something.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Yes, as long as they are staring me in the eye I know they are talking to me so they don't need to say my name. Although otherwise I don't care.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
It strikes me as patronizing for some reason. I'm also bothered because you're not telling me until the end that I was supposed to be paying attention.

octorok74

TETTAC
It doesn't bother me in real life much. But online I find it really annoying. Because then they expect and answer and I may not have read it, because chats are flying past and I can't keep up.

So only online does it bother me the most.

I agree with Azure here: I don't really mind or notice it half the time. But when people do say my name at the end of a sentence it helps differentiate between who they're talking to as I hate it when I respond to something and it turns out they were never even talking to me.

What ShellShocker and Azure said, it seems odd to complain about something that is really simple and helpful in times. As most of the time I get confused if a person is talking to me or someone else, this helps me since I know they are talking to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom