• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you guys mod your systems?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I've done it for my Wii and PSP and maybe at some point for my 3ds if I'm feeling it. I started w/ my Wii that wasn't able to read discs, and this was when the Wii U was out so support for the Wii was about done, so I just gave that a shot. I'll just say if I hadn't done so, I wouldn't have been able to play Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I don't really feel good attempting that when a system is relevant but I started w/ that Wii b/c I figured I didn't have much to loose.
That's beside the point though. Have you guys ever modded your own systems? Whether it be a software or hardware mod. If you have, which systems did you do it w/?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I wanted to mod my 2ds for custom themes but every time I wanted to, the firmware would be updated past what mods could do.
Later when I had BotW on wii u I got mods to work and gave myself the Wild set and 99 apples amonst other things.

Hah, no. I'm nowhere near being capable enough to do that. I have a tendency to **** things up when I mess with them, so I stay away from modding.

I had an action replay DS but that's the extent of my firsthand experience with modding my games. It was fun and stupid while it lasted but it ended badly and ****ed up my save data on a few games. I can find my own mod-free chaos without potentially ruining my save data, so that's what I do instead nowadays.

I'd love to bypass the region lock on the 3DS but it's probably not worth it at this point.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I've never modded any of my systems, nor have I really felt the need to. It's not really something I want to go through the effort of trying tbh.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I primarily game on PC, modding hardware and software sorta comes with the territory.

Curiously enough, modding a file for a game that really doesn't wanna launch is a sure fire fix, but thank God that's rarely needed.

Mostly the mods I use are ones that add in balanced, lore friendly weapons, changes the UI, adds in better textures and graphics, fixes bugs, etc.

For Bethesda's Fallout and Elder Scrolls, they really need mods in order to be fun, as the vanilla games are buggy and glitchy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom