• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Do you go for every Korok seed?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
(Continued from a discussion in the thread what are you doing in BotW)
Bro... I don't even bother to get the Korok seeds when I see a suspicious spot.
Yeah I'll see a pinwheel or yellow flower and just go "meh" and keep going. It's nice to have some extra inventory, but the more you have the more you want and it gets old.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
I did at first, but now on my third playthrough, I don't. The game is too easy for me currently, so by denying myself weapon slots and forcing myself to not use certain foods, it keeps the game interesting and challenging in a way that I can still enjoy until BotW 2 drops.

I do occasionally stop and grab one though just because the Koroks are so cute though... I can't help that. Yahaha!

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
6e5.jpg

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
My main problem with the Korok quest is that it can prove distracting from your main goal. If I'm trying to ride my horse to Gerudo Desert, I don't want to stop every five seconds to solve a puzzle. If I'm not going anywhere specific and if the Korok puzzle isn't annoying then sure, I'll grab it. But if it takes more than 5 seconds to complete it's wasting my time.

It depends on what I'm doing at the time. While exploring, if I see an area I think is likely to be a seed then I will go take a look. If I'm busy with another task, I'll mark it with a seed on the map and take a look next time I'm in the area.

I think Nintendo did the right thing by "oversaturating" the map with them, allowing you the freedom to get all the upgrades without vigorously hunting them down. It also allows them to add more difficult puzzles in without stopping people from being able to progress.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I think Nintendo did the right thing by "oversaturating" the map with them, allowing you the freedom to get all the upgrades without vigorously hunting them down. It also allows them to add more difficult puzzles in without stopping people from being able to progress.
yeah, their implementation implies that they don't expect or ask the players to collect all 900 and actively troll people who do
but then they make them count towards completion percentage and that's the part that gets confusing

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I agree 100% with this. It's overwhelming when you think about how many there are, but it gives you the freedom to skip any that you may run across because you know there's more somewhere else.

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
I am only on my second playthrough (being Master mode), but my desire for 100% completion still compels me to collect them all even though i have done it before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom