• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Glitch Games?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Do you spend a lot of time getting to know or using glitches in games? Is it for speedrunning, making the game easier, or just for the fun of it/

Personally, I don't, but I want to hear why some of you enjoy it.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I've never really spent much time messing with glitches. The only game I know how to really use glitches in is OoT. I've used the unlimited Skulltula glitch a few times to see if it really works. Sometimes I've used the Blackhole glitch in Zora's Domain just to do it.

I did practice the Back in Time glitch for TP, and I can do it pretty well. I tried proceeding through the game, but I just have issues nailing the wolf link super jump, which is necessary to be able to execute to continue on with the game after doing the back in time glitch.

I'd rather speedrun glitchless though, to me it is more fun.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I never do anything that requires hacking. Any glitch I do is something that can be done by exploiting something in the game as-is, like the escape the forest glitch in OoT, for example. I don’t care about speed running, if I mess with them it’s to have fun.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I somehow manage to glitch just about every game I play, and thanks to this generation's consoles, can record some of the ridiculous stuff that happens to me. However, it's not quite stuff I can replicate or exploit whenever I want.

The only time I can recall where I actively exploited a glitch was during Knuckles' portion in the last level of Sonic Adventure 2, to bypass a roadblock that would have made me quit the level for not having a certain ability. There may have been a few instances in other games but I can't recall them at the moment.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Just fur fun I glitched Super Mario 64 to get to that outside cannon without having every star.

Yes. If I'm on the mood to go for a glitch I will.
Note well, this is not hacking the game, as that's something totally different.

Last edited:
I like spending time messing with glitches after I've finished the game. For example, there's a glitch in Ocarina of Time where you can bypass all the sage rooms in Ganon's castle, but I wouldn't want to invest in those tricks because I'm not fully immersed in the game if I've never finished it.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
The only glitch I ever really use is the one in majoras mask that lets you exit clock town as a deku scrub by back walking next to the guard in east clock town. I only do it to get extra cash during the first cycle, considering this is one of the only zelda games where you NEED a lot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom