• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Get Sunburnt or Tan?

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
During the summer when the sun is out and its nice(or ungodly hot like it has been this year) do you get sunburnt or tan when you hang out in the sun? For me, since I'm extremely light complected, I've always burned. Not once in my life have I been tan =\ So what about you?

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I tan. It's the Italian in me, what can I say? ;) My friend Bryan burns so easily in the sun (he's Irish). I always rub it in his face that I'm golden brown and he's either pale or sunburnt. ... I know, I'm a terrible friend... :lol:

Last edited:
I have a hard time getting a good tan, and I do burn pretty easily. Last weekend I was in San Diego and I got sunburned only on my nose. It was so painful, and I looked like Rudolph, just adding insult to injury! :kawaii:

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
Nooooo... I'm pasty white. I'm diligent about the sunscreen because I get burnt very easily... and why would I want to up chances of getting skin cancer anyway?
Its not all that bad not having a tan... pale/natural skin tones have been becoming increasingly popular lately. Plus, if you stick with your natural color, you won't look like a prune by the time you're in your mid-thirties :D

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I kind of get both. If I'm out in the sun for a really long time with no sun screen one day then i get burnt. If I'm out for a few hours or so over the course of many days then I tend to tan.

Not that I go outside long enough to get either anymore anyway.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I get burned a lot myself. I have a kind of pasty light complexion myself, and I sometimes get sunburned easily. However, I can also get tanned, too. But I don't really try to tan. It's not really my thing to lay in the sun. Maybe because I'm not a big fan of heat... But I digress.

Nooooo... I'm pasty white. I'm diligent about the sunscreen because I get burnt very easily... and why would I want to up chances of getting skin cancer anyway?
Its not all that bad not having a tan... pale/natural skin tones have been becoming increasingly popular lately. Plus, if you stick with your natural color, you won't look like a prune by the time you're in your mid-thirties :D
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I am extremely fair-skinned. Depending on the color I'm wearing, I sometimes look ghastly white. I burn. I honestly don't know if I tan at all, because I'm in too much agony from sunburn to notice. I didn't get burnt either time I was at a pool party this year, though. But that because sunscreen saved mee... I am so pale, that the chlorine turned my skin green. Dx

I love how pale skin used to be "in" way back in the times of the Middle Ages. Back then, tan skin signified that you were a pheasant and worked in the sun all day. Nobles would powder their skin white. --And nowadays, everyone is getting orange with the tan in a can. Hmm... how times change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom