• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Splatoon Do you follow Splatoon lore?

Threads relating to the Splatoon series.
I personally play games for their story and world building and (hopefully) well written characters, I love learning about new world and video games let me be an active part of a world I'm learning about.

Splatoon is one such series that I'm very intrigued by and I loved how the Octo Expansion DLC really blew the doors off what Splatoon 2 set up.

But do you play Splatoon for the story and lore?
Are you even a little bit intrigued by the world and the characters it presents?

Or do you just want to ink stuff?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'm not an expert in Splatoon lore or anything but I'm very interested by it. They stepped up the single player story campaign a lot from the first game. And even more with the Octo-Expansion. I loved getting to learn more about the octoling race and getting to play as an octoling.

For what seems like a simple shooter game with ink, there are lots of little details to love about Splatoon. The fact that things like the final splatfest in the first game had bearing on the story of 2 was such a nice touch. I'm hoping the same continues for 3 considering the theme of 2's final splatfest.

And there's even the different Splatoon bands that aren't really featured in the game but you can find info and their character designs elsewhere.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I’ve always loved how Splatoon gives you the choice to care about the story. If you want to dive deep, have fun! Or, if you just want to explode some enemies, you don’t have to take anything too seriously. The fact that such a bright game has dark lore is great, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom