• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you feel like you got enough entertainment out of your Wii U?

I'd say yes.

When I got my Wii U on launch day in 2012, I played a ton of Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U. But then my Wii U collected dust until Super Mario 3D World released in November of 2013. I know there was TWW HD a month earlier, but I wasn't very excited for it back then and didn't pick it up until 2016. From 2014 through 2016, I played my Wii U a ton. DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Twilight Princess HD kept me very entertained.

Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, and Super Mario Maker are my biggest time sinks. I have over 120 hours on Mario Kart 8 and loved playing it with some ZDers including Krash, Locke, and Josh when it came out in 2014. The other two games were big surprise hooks for me. I did not expect Splatoon to be as much fun as it was. I was skeptical of the initial reveal at E3 2014 but have since put around 100 hours into it. As for Super Mario Maker, I came into it thinking I would play some levels here and there but I became addicted to making levels of my own. I believe I have around 35 levels made right now.

I haven't played as much on my Wii U since the Switch came out, but I go back for the occasional romp in the original Splatoon or some Smash Bros. to keep me busy until Ultimate comes out. I also still need to beat the HD Zelda remakes as I lost interest relatively early on since I didn't feel like revisiting them at the time as well as Xenoblade Chronicles X and Star Fox Zero so I still have quite the backlog.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
Well, seeing as how I am still playing on it, I would say yes. It's a really nice console for couch co-op games, so I can play stuff like MarioKart and SSB with my friends and family. It also kept me from selling all of my Wii games after my Wii broke, and is the console on which I got introduced to Zelda in the first place.

Also, I can't afford a Switch, so... there's that

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I loved Bayo 1 and Wonderful 101 in it so I wouldn't say I was completely displeased. After that there's Mario 3D World, Tropical Freeze and BotW which were all good. I guess there was also Xenoblade X, which I thought was at least cute. I think I also got some VC games but the only one really unique one to Wii U that I remember getting is probably Wario Land 4, which while really good isn't much in terms of quantity. Sadly there were disappointments in it too, Bayo 2 and Star Fox Zero being the biggest ones for me.

On the library as a whole, one of the things I liked about the Wii was the handful of weird little mid-budget games it got, which the Wii U didn't have much of in its lifetime. Since the Switch seems to be doing good with indie and mid-budget games maybe it will have something similar in the end, so that's nice to look forward to.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I still love my Wii U and would probably have played it more if I hadn't been so addicted to Pokemon for most of it's life.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
100% yes. Between BOTW, TP HD, and WW HD, I get a ton of usage out of my Wii U and thoroughly enjoy the Gamepad itself. Let alone other games that I play on it as well.. Worth the money in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom